Koodo Community
Question

Difference between 'The Tab' and payment plan

• 1 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, First off i know the tab is essentially a loan for the phone which is paid off after 24 monthly instalments. The 'plan' being the cost of the network charge for data, minutes etc.

Please someone correct me if i am wrong here. Say for example i take a medium 'tab' where the upfront cost is $0 and the monthly 'tab' is $10 dollars a month for 24 months. I then add a plan of lets say $50 bringing my total monthly charge to $60. Now after 3 months i wish to cancel my plan, I am assuming i just settle my 'tab' of 21 monthly payments of $10 ($210) and i am not liable for any other charges?

That is my understanding of how this works, the 'tab' is essentially a loan which has to be repaid over a maximum of 24 months, although i can choose to settle this early. The 'plan' is not a fixed term contract and therefore i can cancel at anytime and only be liable for the service i have so far used.

Is that correct?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You understand correctly. Here is Koodo official explanation about Tab and plan https://www.koodomobile.com/tab
Userlevel 4
For additional details, the Tab charge and Tab balance when you decide to pay it off are subject to regular taxation based on your province of residency.

Lots of people seem to think the taxes don't apply to the Tab.
Badge +4

Please someone correct me if i am wrong here. Say for example i take a medium 'tab' where the upfront cost is $0 and the monthly 'tab' is $10 dollars a month for 24 months. I then add a plan of lets say $50 bringing my total monthly charge to $60. Now after 3 months i wish to cancel my plan, I am assuming i just settle my 'tab' of 21 monthly payments of $10 ($210) and i am not liable for any other charges?

Just so you know, tab small is $10/month and tab medium is $15/month. You can cancel your plan/line at any time and you'll only have to pay off the tab and your plan cost for how long you had it. The 3 month wait is only for paying off the tab but keeping the plan.

For additional details, the Tab charge and Tab balance when you decide to pay it off are subject to regular taxation based on your province of residency.

Pretty sure taxes are based on the number. So if you have an Alberta number, you'll pay Alberta taxes.