Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Difference Between Tab and Plan?

I'm not buying an unlocked phone for the first time, and I don't really understand what a tab and plan is. I like some of the tab offers but then I'm forced to pay $80/ month for data I don't actually want??

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi force 111, the tab is an interest free loan to lessen the initial price of the phone. You pay the tab back in 24 equal installments of the amount put on the tab. In actuality its not really interest free because the larger tabs cost more so your paying your interest in the amount you pay extra for your plan. Your best to pay more for your phone up front and save on your plan each month if you have the money. If you don't have the money then you'll be looking to pay more monthly but less up front at the point of purchase with a large tab and large tab plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A Tab is a interest-free loan for up to $500 to be paid in instalments  over 24 months. It is added to your monthly bill for those 24 months then drops off.

A plan provides the service to let your phone work. There is a great variety of plans available to meet your needs, but some of the one with large Tabs may have more services such as data and minutes than you really need.  Go to Koodomobile.com,nd have a look at the tab Small and Tab Medium plans to see the widest variety of plans available to you.

If you don't need $80.00 per month of data, simply reduce the data portion. 
I have unlimited talk, text, and video nationwide, along with one gig of data and I'm paying $45 / month for this, plus 10 bucks for a tab because they pissed me off and I threaten to cancel.

Keep in mind my plan originally cost me $60 a month, however I am a master at haggling my plan down...
Userlevel 7
Thowlander wrote:

I have unlimit...

What is unlimited video?
Thowlander wrote:

I have unlimit...

It's when I select attach video when I'm texting someone. U can send someone a short video clip via text message.
Userlevel 7
Thowlander wrote:

I have unlimit...

Okay that's called MMS. I was wondering.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thowlander wrote:

I have unlimit...

I wouldn't call that haggling when that was an advertised plan a little while ago, you just happened to get before they raised prices again. Always keep checking in on Koodo's plans because they're always changing you you can sometimes get lucky and get your exact plan cheaper.
Userlevel 6
Thowlander wrote:

I have unlimit...

Prices usually go up, unless you're in QC.