Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Denied service

ok I paid the balance off my old bill. why am I been denied from Koodo I had the run around today I dont appreciate it thanks

50 replies

Userlevel 7
What's being denied?
getting a phone and service from you guys. I was told by AR all was good and same from Collections and now been told to go try again next week.
I am waiting for letter from the credit agency saying this matter was paid and closed by them.
Userlevel 7
Let's keep it to one thread. If they told you try again next week there's really nothing else you can do besides prepaid.
Chad Burr wrote:

Let's keep it to one thread. If they told you try again next week there's really nothing else you...

and what if they shut my phone off cause of the old bill matter?
Chad Burr wrote:

Let's keep it to one thread. If they told you try again next week there's really nothing else you...

cant I still be tracked down?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm still not sure who is going to cut off your phone.
Chad Burr wrote:

Koodo and the billing dept.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Do you currently have service ?
Chad Burr wrote:

not with Koodo since my last one want to collections and did not get letter till last week and paid them as promised my last bill was 50 some what a month I went on vacation and for got I was on cell account cause it was not on contract. so it went to 134 some what$
Chad Burr wrote:

when I 1st got approved I had my own phone and cheap plan so I was not on tab at that time.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm having a hard time understanding what it is you need today. Collections payment can take time to reach the original creditor. If koodo is telling you to wait then that's what you'll need to do.
Chad Burr wrote:

I need to know how does the collections notify Kood so it can get off my E fax record after 6 yrs or less
Chad Burr wrote:

and how will it get off the info when the credit check is done again for example it may say customer already exist has a balance owing call ar for details
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You'll need to call into koodo to get that information
Chad Burr wrote:

well that what I hate false info if paid already and getting letter from agency then it should not take months for it to get off
Chad Burr wrote:

when I try again.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Credit is funky like that.
Chad Burr wrote:

how am I now on reply's trying to keep on one thread LOL
Userlevel 6
One important thing to note is the simple fact that past bills went to collections is enough for you to be denied service, even if said bills have been paid for since then. The reason for that is that your credit [i]history is bad (this is what credit checks are for). Even if everything's in order [i]right now, historically, nothing proves to Koodo (or other providers) that the current situation will be maintained. What if, in 6 months, you're unable to pay your bill again? Koodo will have to yet again sell your delinquency to collection agencies and lose out. They don't want to do that twice. You should consider prepaid while your credit history heals. In due time, with a proven track record of healthy credit habits, you can try again and stand much better chances of being approved! Hope it helps! EDIT: Prepaid can't be "shut down" or cut off since everything you do has already been paid for before use.
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

One important thing to note is the simple fact that past bills went to collections is enough for ...

Rodney less than a minute ago I can look into prepaid but U dont esstablish credit that way. I also dont want koodo cutting my line off cause of the old bill not paid for when it was. and koodo does not just have reg plans for pay go I was told U need a booster what ever that is?

One important thing to note is the simple fact that past bills went to collections is enough for ...

anyhow I prob best to stay with Wind I am allowed a up grad by April 2015 I never missed a bill from them since i been hooked up April 2014 on the 2oth or 21st. I pay 60 $ a month not sure how this builds the credit back up.

my sec deposit was 100.00 as well I get back in OCT 2014.
Userlevel 6

You first need to let your credit heal a bit before you build it back up, Rodney. Multiple credit checks in a small amount of time has a negative impact on your score, which hinders your ability to get said credit. Consider yourself very lucky that Wind has accepted to have you on a postpaid plan. Take this as an opportunity to continue your good credit habits and in a couple of months, your credit score will have improved considerably. Koodo prepaid is awesome, actually. Depending on your use, it could be a great money saver. Even though I have good credit, I'm still a prepaid user because the savings are that great! Boosters don't expire and carry over to the next month. This is what makes it so great!

yes they use to req $200-$500 then got rid of the hi cost and only asked customers for 100 if the credit thing is bad. they don't work like bell is Fido and so on if u pay 100 deposit U get a 99.00 unit free or pay more for the phone.