Koodo Community

Community

Data

Need data

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is your question? Do you have a plan with data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can either upgrade to a plan with more data or if on a SFD plan, can purchase a data top up, or you can cruise on the pay per use data rates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can either upgrade to a plan with more data or if on a SFD plan, can purchase a data top up, ...

Keep in mind that data top-ups can only be bought when you've reached your limit. A text will be sent to purchase more data.
Userlevel 4
Allan wrote:

You can either upgrade to a plan with more data or if on a SFD plan, can purchase a data top up, ...

@Ivan

Keep in mind that top-ups have to be or can only be used up within the current billing cycle.
Allan wrote:

How do I stop google play service from useing up my data auto.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

J Doyle, for questions like that it is better to create a new thread. However to answer your question, make sure you disable data for any app you don't need to use data for. I personally downloaded the app Datally for that (by Google).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

There should be an option under your cellular settings to specify which apps can access cellular data. Just turn off Google Play Store updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

hi J,
you could follow the steps in this article: https://ting.com/blog/ting-tip-for-android-control-which-apps-use-background-mobile-data/

Allan wrote:

How do i get to cellular setting on a lg g6
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Settings > Network Settings>mobile data settings ?

Or
Settings>General Settings>Apps
Yeah it's all off. What is the setting i need to have on to get the alert When they are sent out . I dont see any setting on the lg g6 to turn on alerts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Yeah it's all off. What is the setting i need to have on to get the alert When they are sent ou...

When what is sent out?
Alerts for what?
Emergency alerts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Emergency alerts

I thought your question was 

How do I stop google play service from useing up my data auto.

When did you change the subject to emergency alerts?
Yes it was but i have tried everything i was told and nothing worked . I just don't want to turn off and thing i may have needes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Yes it was but i have tried everything i was told and nothing worked . I just don't want to turn ...

So are you trying to stop google play from using data or you want to stop emergency alerts?

To stop emergency alerts, see here
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/turn-off-government-alerts
Want to stop google from eating data And at the same time make sure i don't mess up the alert thing . For the google i turnd off everything but it still useing it so i give up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Want to stop google from eating data And at the same time make sure i don't mess up the alert t...

Did you use the data usage built into your phone or an app to track how much data it is using? Have you also disabled automatic downloads over cellular data? How much is it using thereafter?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Want to stop google from eating data And at the same time make sure i don't mess up the alert t...

Stopping google play will not stop Emergency alerts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

I'm aware. I mentioned it because he keeps mentioning data usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

Sorry Goran.  That was for J Doyle, not you
J Doyle wrote:

No I guess it's going to use data when my phone isn't being used as long as I have data on some apps like google service can't be stoped even if blocked . I was just in town for a hour only on data and google used 0.57 mbs with the phone sleeping Just hoping 500mbs will last me until next month where it maybe running 2 to 3 plus mbs auto sitting idil
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

If you do not have enough data, just turn off your data when you are not using it.
I stoped everything And my phone just sitting there not being used is still running google play service and a os thats uesing data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Doyle wrote:

I stoped everything And my phone just sitting there not being used is still running google play ...

Go to your data usage and click on Google play services.  What services are using data?

From there you can find the root cause and deal with that specific service.

Maybe post a screen shot for us