Koodo Community

Community

Custom tab contributions !


I think customers should be able to pay a bigger Tab contribution if they want to, in order to either pay off the phone more quickly OR reduce their upfront price. It would allow people to buy more expensive phones like the S4 or the iPhone 5S but have a good plan and pay less upfront, for instance: iPhone 5S with medium tab, 425$ 30$/month for the plan and 5$/month for tab contribution. Turn that into: 325$ with a 30$/month and a 10$/month tab contribution What do you think ??

17 replies

Userlevel 2
They can. They also have the ability to pay off the tab before the 2 year mark. So your idea is technically already implemented.
I know about the tab payoff but to choose to pay 7.50, 8, 10$ instead of 5$ on a medium tab, I never saw that anywhere, and even if it was possible on self serve, it doesnt reduce the upfront price of the phone, which would be a major point in doing it.
Userlevel 2
Gabriel Blanc wrote:

I know about the tab payoff but to choose to pay 7.50, 8, 10$ instead of 5$ on a medium tab, I ne...

The more upfront reduction there is, the longer it takes for it to be paid off, theoretically. The current system is set up so that it's a guaranteed clear in 2 years. To try and change it with different numbers could throw off the formula.
Gabriel Blanc wrote:

I know about the tab payoff but to choose to pay 7.50, 8, 10$ instead of 5$ on a medium tab, I ne...

There could be an equation made so that if you contribute 7$ per month, the price of the phone is reduced by X amount, considering it should be paid off within 24 months.
Userlevel 6
Gabriel Blanc wrote:

I know about the tab payoff but to choose to pay 7.50, 8, 10$ instead of 5$ on a medium tab, I ne...

I'm still perpelxed why people would want to pay of their tab ahaead of time unles they wan to cancel. It simply doesn't make sense. As often mentioned here, your tab is an interest free loan paid off by koodo. Why would you want the momey come out of your pocket?
Userlevel 7
That would confuse people. We're having a hard enough time to get people to understand the Tabs NOW, by changing it all over AGAIN you'd open up Pandora's box of Canadian wireless and the can of worms inside the box too.
Jonathan I wrote:

That would confuse people. We're having a hard enough time to get people to understand the Tabs N...

How is it more complicate to say if you pay 5$ more, it's X amount cheaper today ?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

That would confuse people. We're having a hard enough time to get people to understand the Tabs N...

People ask us what phone is the cheapest or which has the cheapest plan or which is the best deal. By throwing too many options at the customer it would be difficult and/or longer to explain how it works, and this can overwhelm the customer.
Jonathan I wrote:

That would confuse people. We're having a hard enough time to get people to understand the Tabs N...

I'm sorry if that is the experience you get from your customers, in my case, those are a minority, they usually look for a great device, not the cheapest one, at the best price. It doesn't have to be part of your sales pitch, just an option availabe for those who want.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

That would confuse people. We're having a hard enough time to get people to understand the Tabs N...

I know what you mean, but honestly people aren't looking at big devices anymore in my area. They're happy with "last year's model" like the S III or Nexus 4 or a cheaper phone like the Desire 601 because the plans are much cheaper. We barely sell any Robellus anymore because they jacked up the prices of plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd be happy with an option to pay off parts of your Tab. That way, you'd be free to essentially do what you're asking, albeit manually.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

I'd be happy with an option to pay off parts of your Tab. That way, you'd be free to essentially ...

Virgin had this feature back when they offered the SuperTab but you had to call in to do it.
Userlevel 2
Koodo customers can call in to pay off their tab, I don't see any reason why they can't request to say, have $50 of it thrown onto a bill.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Koodo customers can call in to pay off their tab, I don't see any reason why they can't request t...

My mistake. I confirmed with TylerC that my above comment isn't allowed.
Userlevel 3
Id on't think this will be implemented. From a business prespective you choose to provide your customers from a interest free substidy for a device.(TAB) So in return, customers are forced to use your network for X ammount of months so the tab is payed off. If customers are given the flexibility they can come and go as they please which causes churn risks. So I would be shocked if this was implemented from a business prespective.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Id on't think this will be implemented. From a business prespective you choose to provide your cu...

I disagree, simply because a customer is able to pay off the tab in its entirety at any time (by which I mean on the next bill). If anything, by allowing customers to slowly pay off their tabs at their own pace would keep them with Koodo for longer.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Id on't think this will be implemented. From a business prespective you choose to provide your cu...

But then out the door would be the large tab plans and take away from the tab charge. This would cause a substancial ammount of consumers not to get the large tab plans. Bottom line and point being less $$$. As a business, that's in their best interest to leave it as is.

Reply