Koodo Community

CSR says positive tab (credit) that was converted to "offer" on account cannot be combined with current promotions!!!

I recently learned that the old positive tab credits (in my case $99.88) were “waived” last year due to problems they created with the new “tab” system.   I never received a notice of this change so I was not aware that they are now an “offer” on my account as I have not been shopping for a new phone until recently.

Once I learned this I attempted to purchase a new phone using the offer; however, I have been advised by a CSR that I can only have one “promotion” at a time and therefore I cannot use my positive balance in conjunction with the current $100 bill credit promotion on the Pixel 4a.   The reason given is that the “system” will not allow two promotions at once.  

To me it seems a simple solution for Koodo to apply a credit in the amount of my previous positive tab balance, however their “system” will allow it to happen and allow me to take advantage of the other promotions that everyone else has access to. 

As a long time Koodo customer, and someone who has championed Koodo as an excellent mobile service provider, one with simple plans and systems--no games, and referred multiple people to them  I find this explanation, not to mention the attitude of the service rep, entirely unacceptable.   How is it that companies treat their most loyal customers worse than the almighty “new” customer?    

I cannot be the only person who because of a unilateral decision made by Koodo will essentially forfeit this credit -- one that was earned under an agreement with Koodo when purchasing a phone, and doesn’t feel this is an acceptable solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  (Please note: I don’t use twitter or facebook,  so sending dm’s isn’t an option for me)   

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally the issue would need to be escalated to a higher level within Koodo system. The 1st front line rep might not have the ability to do it for you.

If you don’t use facebook/twitter, you would have to ask them to talk to a manager or someone at higher level.

Anyway, creating a Facebook/twitter account is quick. You can have one account within 1 minute and delete it after you contacted them. I would recommend you to contact Koodo again via those platforms (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo).  Social media reps might have more experience and  have higher authority to add certain type of credit for you.

I’ve done as you suggested and it’s taken hours to simply authenticate my account, have the rep say that the bonus is on my account and sending me a link of available phones.  And then radio silence for the last hour and a half.   

This misses the point of my inquiry entirely -- yes, I can see the “offer” but no, I cannot apply it to my purchase.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve done as you suggested and it’s taken hours to simply authenticate my account, have the rep say that the bonus is on my account and sending me a link of available phones.  And then radio silence for the last hour and a half.   

This misses the point of my inquiry entirely -- yes, I can see the “offer” but no, I cannot apply it to my purchase.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Facebook Messenger is not a live chat, so it does take a while for the reps to get back to you. At this point, I suggest that you wait for them to reply back to you.

In the case you don’t get any response back, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist. Once you have someone on the line, you can address your concerns to the rep and ask them to transfer you over to someone in the loyalty team.