Koodo Community

Community

Costomer Appreciation for loyalty to Koodo

Userlevel 2
How about coming up with a little more going to pay off the tab faster for customers that have been with Koodo after three years ,That way they could not only upgrade but could do it without going to deep into their pockets . Or koodo could just.gift customers who have been with the company more then three years a new phone without any charge ,as an appreciation.gift for being loyal.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think yours (asked in many different ways & words) is the most requested feature, Norma 🙂 Let's hope Koodo listens to their customers 🙂
great idea...incentive to stay with koodo (not that i would consider switching anyway) but not all customers have a sense of loyalty...
Thats a great idea..i've been with koodo going on 4 yrs and would love to get some rewards for being a loyal customer.
Userlevel 1
Why can't people just be happy that they still have service instead of wanting rewards for staying with a company? Does a landlord reduce rent if you live there for a few years? Probably not. However, I do agree with loyalty rewards to a point... If you have no intention to leave, there should be no logical reason to offer anything. I original post is still under consideration. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/dedicated_koodo_customers
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

Why can't people just be happy that they still have service instead of wanting rewards for stayin...

In 3 years of loyalty $150 TAB should have been all paid off using 10% monthly deduction
Userlevel 4
Starfox wrote:

Why can't people just be happy that they still have service instead of wanting rewards for stayin...

I agree with you, once again Mat lol Assuming the account is in good standing for the 3 years, this would be excellent. Of course if they are late on rare occasions, that shouldn't be held against them. If an account has been suspended for non payment, late many times, there is no reason to give anything as loyalty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

The $150 tab takes longer than 3 years to pay off for half of Koodo's plans. And happy that I still have service? Seriously? Why wouldn't I have service for something that I pay for? To use your landlord analogy (which I disagree with), that'd be like saying "be happy I still allow you to live here" despite the fact that I pay my rent on time. I don't intend to leave Koodo anytime soon, but if other companies are constantly bombarding me with special offers to make the switch than it just might happen (providing that A - that company's offer is better than what Koodo's offering and B - that the company is in no way part of Rogers Communications). That's how Koodo got me as a customer. It'd be only logical that someone else could whisk me away from Koodo. The point here isn't that any of us are unsatisfied with what we have now, but rather that Koodo should work just as hard to maintain its subscriber base as they do to attract new subs.
Starfox wrote:

totally agree with you philosoraptor...we aren't constantly being bombarded with "fanatasticoffers" of a new place to live as we are with mobile providers...incentives are good....(& hey, i've lived in towns where you are offered incentives for renting in one place over another...free months rent, rent reductions...etc...so, sorry starfox, i have to disagree with you on this one)
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

Yes, Philosorator. Seriously. I do see the non-greedy people's point of view, though. Before Koodo, I was with my provider for at least a decade and I didn't expect squat from them for being as loyal as I was. Paid my bills on time, never complained about anything. I saw no reason to ask for a reward for staying. So the landlord analogy was a fail, I'll admit that. After lingering on the community and see how so many people want something for sticking around, how do we know everyone is up to date on thier bills? How do we know some of the people are not credit seekers? Tyler C made a good point that I will retract some of what I said. Do a history check on the customers that are 3 years or more. If they have a history of being or something negative like that, no reward. As for the opnes who have been keeping everything up to date and such, reward them for sure.
Userlevel 4
Starfox wrote:

I know it's not really a loyalty thing but when I get a customer calling in about one thing or another and I see the tenure they have been with Koodo, I do try to do something to show appreciation. I remember one time I gave a woman a $10 credit and she was quite excited about it. A little too excited but still very grateful. Loyalty rewards could be something small or something big depending. I do that often and as a result, they are thankful. Until Koodo has "official" rewards for loyalty, Ill keep doing what I do. I enjoy making the customers happy even if I don't personally agree with them.
It doesn't matter how many "loyalty perks" are offered, people are greedy and it'll never be enough. I don't think that's a can of worms Koodo wants to open.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It doesn't matter how many "loyalty perks" are offered, people are greedy and it'll never be enou...

Hija Doctor, I noticed you seem to be on a Mission to Defend Koodo 🙂 Whereas I deeply appreciate your loyalty and devotion, stating the same thing over and over and over (to the point of even creating your own thread about the subject and good for you) does not prove much: there will always be people who don't agree with you. In fact I strongly disagree that only greedy people ask for perks or suggest improvements, I think it is awesome that people care enough to add their voice. Please Doctor tone down a little bit in your quest... I think most of us here see it your way, loyalty wise, and there is really no need to become all vigilante about Koodo - they seem quite capable of standing their own 🙂
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It doesn't matter how many "loyalty perks" are offered, people are greedy and it'll never be enou...

Same can be said for the various amounts of requests for loyalty perks. I am free to post my opinion as I see fit as long as I'm not telling anyone to stop posting theirs. So asking me to "tone it down" when I haven't even made it that big of an issue seems out of line. You can claim it as me "defending Koodo", but it's me voicing my opinion against those that "gimmie gimmie gimmie", the self entitled crowd.
Userlevel 1
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Actually when you search for loyalty incentives posts using seach topics some one can find up to 6 pages full of incentives, creditts so forth posts regarding same loyalty topic post. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/rewarded_for_loyalty http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/port_your_loyalty http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/costomer_appreciation_for_loyalty_to_koodo http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/loyalty_program-1khfuq http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/loyalty-i0t5k and the list goes on, but that's normal because either customer or posters can express their thoughts freely on this, let Koodo decide what's good for his customers, that's my thought!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Doctor, I don't think you saw the point I was trying to make, my bad for not being clear.... You basically called the OP "greedy" and "self-entitled", and you have called people the same in numerous other threads over the past few weeks. This is not very flattering to them, and might discourage others from participating in the future. It might also lead to flame wars or harsh arguments. All this can easily be avoided by a live and let live attitude. As I mentioned to you before: of COURSE you are entitled to be opinionated, as we all are. But please appreciate the difference between stating your opinion in a respectful way - as opposed to name-calling others for posting what they perceive as a good idea in each and every thread where people state ideas contrary to your ideals. This forum is not merely a discussion panel, this is Koodo's extended support site. By all means offer support and ideas, but it is not always necessary to go into every thread we don't agree with, only to state our own opinion... this was the message I tried to get across to you. If I succeeded, I'm happy, if not, well... then I suggest you continue to do what you need to do 🙂
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

"Doctor, I don't think you saw the point I was trying to make, my bad for not being clear.... You basically called the OP "greedy" and "self-entitled", and you have called people the same in numerous other threads over the past few weeks. This is not very flattering to them, and might discourage others from participating in the future. It might also lead to flame wars or harsh arguments. All this can easily be avoided by a live and let live attitude." Did I specfically say that the OP was greedy? No, I didn't. Please don't make assumptions on what I am saying. I am not saying everyone wanting free perks for being a long time customer. I am saying that I can see it turning very badly BECAUSE of those that have a self entitled attitude. "As I mentioned to you before: of COURSE you are entitled to be opinionated, as we all are. But please appreciate the difference between stating your opinion in a respectful way - as opposed to name-calling others for posting what they perceive as a good idea in each and every thread where people state ideas contrary to your ideals. " I have been respectful. Once again, I did not call anyone here greedy or self entitled. "This forum is not merely a discussion panel, this is Koodo's extended support site. By all means offer support and ideas, but it is not always necessary to go into every thread we don't agree with, only to state our own opinion... this was the message I tried to get across to you." If they are free to submit their ideas, I am free to disagree with them. There is nothing in the rules that state that I cannot. Can't have a discussion if people don't disagree.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

In that case: end of discussion. Peace 🙂
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I could care less about any 'loyalty perks' personally, but I get why other people are interested in them. I don't think it's necessarily about being greedy, but instead about trying to ascertain what 'value' koodo actually offers. When you determine the 'value' of something, you need to look at comparables, in this case that's the other providers. The big three all offer pretty hefty subsidies, or 'perks', when you signup/upgrade/stay with them, so does Virgin and Fido. Every three years of service (sometimes less) you're entitled to upgrade to a new device if you want, and the subsidy on that upgrade can total upwards of $400-$550. With Koodo, the biggest subsidy on a device you can get initially is $150 off. I agree that it's great that Koodo offers this, but compared to what the other guys offer it simply isn't in the same ballpark. For long term Koodo customers who reach the tab maximum, it's possible to get $300 off a device if you reach a +150 tab, but even then, it'll be 60 months (on a $50/month plan) before you're +150 again. Bottom line is that Koodo is probably the worst provider when it comes to perks and subsidies. Which for me (and I'm sure others), isn't something I care about in the slightest. However, I think a lot of people do take this into consideration, and tbh, why shouldn't they? It's less money out of their pocket at the end of the day. I think that if Koodo offered plans that were significantly cheaper then the competition, nobody would care that the 'perks' are lacking, because the value would come in the form of monthly savings. But as it is now, Koodo plans more or less just mimmick what the other carriers offer, but come without comparable subsidies. So when it comes to 'value', it just isn't really there. Which is a little funny considering Koodo is apparently a "discount" carrier. Compared to the discounts everyone else offers, you'd kind of expect Koodo to at least offer something somewhat comparable, if not better.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Mattjs koodo does offer better plans and more reasonable costs then the other companies also they offer no contract and I have never had a problem with their services .Even when calling about the littlest problem it was taken care of immediately and professionally . their plans do not mimic others they offer way better service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Excellent point, mattjs. I don't like when these kind of suggestions are so callously dismissed by certain members of the community. I for one make such suggestions because I happen to like Koodo and want my chosen provider to be more competitive.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

@ Norma We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO any plan Koodo has you can find something comparable with another provider, maybe not for EXACTLY the same price, but it'll be in the general ballpark. Regarding Koodo apparently offering "way better service", I also have to disagree. They offer about the same service as anyone else. But that's even misleading, considering you don't get access to services like Visual Voicemail, International Travel Packs, Mobile TV, Carrier App Billing, etc etc etc. So with Koodo you're actually getting less services, for about the same price. I'm not trying to knock koodo or anything, I'm glad you're happy with the service, I'm somewhat satisfied myself, but Koodo doesn't really offer any discernible value compared to what you'd get elsewhere. Maybe their customer service is friendlier, it's great they had such a positive impression with you. @ Philosoraptor Cheers! I'd like Koodo to be the best carrier in this country as well. IMO it's pretty easy to accomplish that, you need to have 1) the best device lineup, 2) access to the most features, and 3) price your plans so they have the best value. The problem with Koodo imo is they aren't an independently owned and operated carrier. They exist exclusively to hedge Telus against Rogers' and Bells' discount brands. Together, these three carriers have an Oligopoly on the wireless market in this country, without competition, and simply mimic eachothers plans in order to protect the billions of dollars they profit each quarter. Their just simply isn't any reason for Koodo to be "more competitive". I understand why they do this, and I don't blame them in the slightest. It's just the reality of operating in a market with zero comparable competition.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

What I really, REALLY want to see is the ability to add a 5 or even 10 GB data package to my plan. I have a double up promo that gives me 2GB and I find I'm using it up since my home Internet isn't working anymore (the lines are screwed and I can't get Telus to fix them when I'm home). Having to pay an extra $25/month on top of my plan for an extra GB or so is a lot of money. I could easily get another phone with a different carrier for a data only package and have far more data than 2+1 GB (all Koodo when I could have 2GB Koodo+5GB elsewhere). I find the customer service is pretty good, even though I have to call to get an error fixed from time to time (again on this bill). The most important thing for me is to have access to far more data for a reasonable price. 5-10GB plus unlimited calling and the rest for $75-80 would thrill me to no end. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way, so please make it happen Koodo.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Highly doubt you're going to see higher data packages. Remember that Koodo is a discount brand. It's rare for them to offer anything beyond 2GB. If you find yourself going over, you may want to consider limiting what you are doing.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Would if I could but the way things are I need the extra. $20-25/month for a GB is a little steep for my taste.
I've had my phone 3 years, at the rate I'm going it will be 6 before the tab is paid off. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I could have gotten the same phone from a different carrier, $0 on a 3 year contract.