Koodo Community
Solved

Confiming if the tab balance has been paid off?

• 26 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I was trying to do a hardware upgrade on my Koodo account, and i do have an existing tab balance of $140 which I know has to be paid off first.

Here is the steps of what i did on Self Serve:

1 - Added the phone to cart
2 - Chose the plan and checkout
3 - Prompted me to pay off the $140 on my existing tab balance
4 - Confirmed to pay
5 - Continue with checkout process with the new hardware upgrade
6 - Encountered error during checkout

After encountering the error, i restart the whole process again to pick the phone and plan and so on...

Then it asked me that I had an existing tab balance (again...) which made me to believe the payment i made earlier to pay off the tab balance wasn't processed?

I went to the Self Serve tab to check the tab balance and it still currently shows i owe $140 on the tab.

How can I confirm if the payment was actually made, or it was never processed successfully?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Mats 26 February 2019, 22:51

I don't think it went through. How did you pay? Even though Visa debit is listed as a form of payment, it isn't accepted and that could be why you received the error. Only a regular CC can be used.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online
View original

7 replies

Badge +4
When agreeing to pay off your tab, it gets put on your next bill. It is not paid right away with your credit card. I would clear your browsers cache and try again with the order. If you still receive an error then try another browser. If still having problems then it could be the site is having issues.

What was the error and what kind of credit card were you using?
Thank you for your prompt reply!

if I repeat the process again then it will ask me to commit to pay off the balance again before I can do the hardware upgrade.

if I commit again will I only be charged once in my next bill for the tab balance. My concern here is that I may end up paying the remaining tab balance twice once I go through the process again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you still saw the balance there, the amount hasn't been processed. It could have been canceled as the purchase haven't gone through.

I would try to pay off the Tab Balance first, Go to Self service >> View Tab Balance >> Pay My tab.

From there, you could separate the issue of new upgrade and Tab Balance payment.
Badge +4
I don't think it went through. How did you pay? Even though Visa debit is listed as a form of payment, it isn't accepted and that could be why you received the error. Only a regular CC can be used.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online
It never asked for my credit card info when I tried to pay the tab balance, it only asked for confirmation to commit to paying it off on the next bill. It only asked me when I am checking out on the hardware upgrade.

im using a regular MasterCard to pay.

as per Dinh’s comment, the payment may have been cancelled since I didn’t complete the ordering process in the hardware upgrade?
Badge +4
The order didn't go through and you're still showing a tab balance so your tab hasn't been put on your next bill. Try again and your credit card info is for the online purchase and not your tab.
I paid off my tab balance separately and the balance was immediately updated to $0. I was able to place the order afterwards.

Thanks for all your help!