Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing the tab

How is changing from the tab just going down each month to customers paying the entire cost of the phone whether its at once or monthly supposed to keep customers when other carriers only request a 2 yr contract and customers pay a reduced cost of a new phone? These new plans do not make me "happy"! I may go to another carrier...

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Bell, Rogers, and TELUS' prices are about the same as Koodo's Tab Plus plans -that means expensive. Fido and Virgin Mobile's offerings are not much different than Koodo's. Sorry, but unless you are living in MB/SK/QC, there is no competition, and all you can choose is customer service, and the colours of your provider's logo (Robelus now share most of their network, so coverage is not much different). You can also go to Mobilicity or WIND if you are in their coverage area, and you are okay with their network speeds.
Userlevel 7
Hi Alyssa, With the new plans and new tabs, it comes down to the same thing that existwd before the switch. The only difference is that its now visible. Plans were more expensive to cover the hidden tab cost. Not the tab cost is unhidden and plans are cheaper!
Userlevel 6
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Alyssa, With the new plans and new tabs, it comes down to the same thing that existwd befor...

Hi Mathieu, the Tab cost was never hidden! Customers could clearly see on their bills the $5/$10 Tab charge 🙂 Thank you!
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Alyssa, With the new plans and new tabs, it comes down to the same thing that existwd befor...

and the plans have not gotten cheaper... the plan I have currently is now $6 more than what I am paying
Userlevel 1
Another consideration is the cost of the hardware you are buying. For example: An LG G3 phone from Koodo is $460. The exact same phone from Virgin is $600. If you get the phone on a Koodo tab it costs you $50 + $15 extra monthly. On Virgin contract you pay $50 and their contracts are $15 more than Koodo. Where you will get caught out is if you lost or needed to cancel the contract early, as the phone with Virgin cost pro-rated for the remaining part of you 2 year term is more as they charge more for the phone. The same holds true for Fido but not quite as much. So in some ways, Koodo is in fact cheeper.