Koodo Community

Community

Solved

changing phone over to my name

I took over this phone and paying the bill. I would like to receive the bill and keep track of my activity so I know when I can update my phone and so also I don't have to wait for her to tell me how much I owe every month. Is this possible

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Andrea, if you are of legal age (18 or 19, depending on the province), it certainly is possible to get the contract in our name 🙂 Your Mom (I assume?) and you would have to visit a store with proper ID, and they will transfer the contract to you. I do believe there is a one time fee involved, $25 if I'm not mistaken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Andrea, if you are of legal age (18 or 19, depending on the province), it certainly is possibl...

They will also run a credit check before you are approved to complete the account transfer. If you are not near a store location you could also do it over the phone (she will have to call in to request the transfer then you would have to call in to complete it. In store is way easier
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Hi Andrea, if you are of legal age (18 or 19, depending on the province), it certainly is possibl...

The stores are not set up to complete TOWNs. TOWNs would have ID required for the credit check is credit card, drivers or sin(2 of the 3).
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

Just checking for clarification Myke. Is it possible for a store to assist in anyway (do the credit check for example) or anything or do they simply end up just phoning in as well.