Koodo Community
Solved

cancel account with tab and with in 90 days after active , and there's $120 activation bonus , do i need to pay that?

cancel account with tab and with in 90 days after active , and there's $120 activation bonus,  do i need to pay that?

12 replies

id not suggest you cancel u may pay300-800 depending on how much the phone was etc

Rodney wrote:

id not suggest you cancel u may pay300-800 depending on how much the phone was etc

Is that just paying the remain tab balance ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Jiaxiang: Cancellation terms should be written in your contract, if you didn't see any term relating to the activation bonus, then you don't have to pay.
Dinh wrote:

@Jiaxiang: Cancellation terms should be written in your contract, if you didn't see any te...

It says like : 
You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your Tab, or if Koodo terminates the Agreement in accordance with the Service Terms, any Tab balance becomes immediately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon the termination of this Agreement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

@Jiaxiang: Cancellation terms should be written in your contract, if you didn't see any te...

That is the term related to your Tab and Phone service. If Koodo want to charge back they would have to mention the bonus specifically. If there was none, you don’t have to pay it back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You just pay for your plan and Tab remaining. No credits will need to be repaid
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please let us know how this turns out for you. Several other people have asked the same question, with contradictory answers even from customer service.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Please let us know how this turns out for you. Several other people have asked the same question,...

I bought a phone($240) with tab, and I received $120 activation bonus. So only $120 went to the tab balance. 
Now it only passed 2 months, and I'd like to cancel the account. So do I need to pay the $120 bonus back with the remain tab balance 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Please let us know how this turns out for you. Several other people have asked the same question,...

No. You don't need to pay back activation bonuses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Like I said above. You just pay for your plan and Tab remaining when you cancel
Dennis wrote:

BobTheElectrician wrote:

Like I said above. You just pay for your plan and Tab remaining when you cancel

@Dennis There's no minimum time ? That means I could purchase a phone and a new plan, and cancel on day 1 and just have to pay the first month's plan fees + remaining tab ?
Badge +4
Jeff Noël wrote:

There's no minimum time ? That means I could purchase a phone and a new plan, and cancel on day 1 and just have to pay the first month's plan fees + remaining tab ?

That's correct.