Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use my Positive Tab balance to pay for monthly plan when bringing new phone to Koodo?

I have a positive tab balance on an existing phone. I'm now buying a new phone and want to bring it to Koodo to replace my old phone. Can I use my existing positive balance to offset my monthly plan payments? I don't need to use it for a new phone, because I'm coming with one.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
The tab is only used for phone purchases. Nothing else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately this is not possible? You'll juste keep getting more positive balance that you can use in the near future if you want!
Userlevel 7
No I'm sorry you can't , tabs can only be used to buy phones. What you can do is ask koodo for a 10% discount on your monthly service which will freeze your tab where it is. Then if u ever do need it, its there.
Userlevel 6
Nothing stops you from buying a koodo phone and resell it to make some money though. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

No I'm sorry you can't , tabs can only be used to buy phones. What you can do is ask koodo for...

I always say get the 15 % of your bill put on your tab balance instead of 10% of your bill that's a 5% difference a month do the math over a year ! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

No I'm sorry you can't , tabs can only be used to buy phones. What you can do is ask koodo for...

Except there is a max positive and some people will not use the tab again.
Userlevel 5
You can't. You can however get a phone from Koodo with your positive tab and use it/give it to someone else/sell it whatever. When you bring a new phone to Koodo, you have the option of choosing the 10% or 15% to your tab or a 10% BYOD discount on your plan.