Koodo Community
Solved

Can I upgrade my phone? (Just paid off tab)

Hi!

I was wondering if I can upgrade my phone right now, as i JUST paid my tab off.

To add more detail, I have an iPhone SE and there was $23 left on my tab, and I just chose the "Pay off balance" option or whatever it was, so the $23 will appear on my next bill (Oct. 15).

Does this mean I have to wait until October to upgrade my phone? Or can I upgrade it right now?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 22 September 2018, 18:25

@Kayla Carrière-Ward : As you already paid off Tab (the Tab balance is zero), you can get another phone on Tab from Koodo right now. There is no need to wait till Oct.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Kayla Carrière-Ward : As you already paid off Tab (the Tab balance is zero), you can get another phone on Tab from Koodo right now. There is no need to wait till Oct.
Dinh wrote:

Thank you so much! I have a few more questions, is that alright? 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Kayla Carrière-Ward : Yes, you can ask as many questions as you would like. This is a Koodo customer community and open to all questions.
Dinh wrote:

@Kayla Carrière-Ward : Yes, you can ask as many questions as you would like. This is a Koodo customer community and open to all questions.

Thanks!

If I get my new phone right now, seeing as the $23 is gonna be on my next bill, would I have a super high bill next month? (current plan + $23 + new phone + new plan)

And can I go from a tab small to a tab medium?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Kayla Carrière-Ward : Which plan are you on now, there is a rateplan restriction for Tab Medium if you are on a recent plans https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

Normally, if you are on a $40+ plan (1,2 years ago), you might still be able to get a Tab Medium. You could check it out by select the phone then select the plan, if you still can see you existing plan when checking out, then you are ok.

The next month bill would be
- Tab payoff ($23)
- Up front payment for the new phone (if any)
- New Tab ($10 (small tab) or $15 (medium))
- Your monthly rateplan (i assumed you can keep you existing rateplan)
- Tax
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depends on what you define as super high. What's left goes on your next bill as you indicated. You'd also have 15 dollars for a tab medium if you so decide. Plan changes are a pro-rated thing so if you go from 40 to 60 at 15 days in, it would be 15/30 = 0.5 of 40 and 60 added coming to 20 and 30, or 50 for the month.
Yes you can go to medium so long as you're plan has the minimum amount required for it, which is currently 45 outside of Quebec.
Userlevel 1
Don't forget the connection charge of $30.00
Badge +4
psfl wrote:

Don't forget the connection charge of $30.00

Not if they order online, then the fee is waived.
Userlevel 1
That is correct IF you have time. My phone developed a blue screen at work therefore not operable.
Had to get a new phone in store ordering on line was not an option charged $30.00 connection fee I have been a customer for 5 plus years.