Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I switch my SIM card on my Koodo phone to an unlocked phone and wait till the Tab will clear?

For example, Can I switch the SIM card in my Samsung Galaxy 2X from Koodo to an unlocked phone and keep using the same plan and also still pay off the tab on the Galaxy 2X? Also if this new unlocked phone is using a different size SIM card than the Galaxy 2X can I change the SIM card of the Galaxy 2X to a different size and put it into the new phone while the Tab gets paid? If a new Nexus phone comes out I plan on switching to that, and the SIM size would be different since the Galaxy 2X is old. I have 2 years left on my Tab, so is it possible to switch the SIM card to one that fits the new phone and keep using the same plan and tab until I eventually pay off the Tab for the Galaxy 2x? So I can use a new phone while paying off the tab for the Galaxy 2x and using the same plan, is it possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes on all counts, Joong Ho 🙂 As long as you pay off the Tab of the phone you bought through Koodo, it doesn't matter what phone you use your SIM card in. You can even switch between SIM cards, if you swap back within 90 days. Everything is possible 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Yes on all counts, Joong Ho 🙂 As long as you pay off the Tab of the phone you bought through ...

But what if I still have 2 years left on the Tab, is it possible to switch the SIM card on the TAB phone to a new one and still keep paying off 10 percent to the Tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Yes on all counts, Joong Ho 🙂 As long as you pay off the Tab of the phone you bought through ...

Yes, absolutely. Koodo does not keep an eye on which phone you use, they just want their monthly payments 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Alright thanks for the information! But what do you mean I can switch SIM cards if I swap back within 90 days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Well suppose that you have two phones with two different SIM cards and you want to keep both SIM cards "alive". You can't use both SIM cards at once, but you can switch back and forth between the two as long as you reactivate the other SIM within 90 days. Hope that makes it clearer 🙂