Koodo Community
Question

Can I please upgrade my phone even though it hasn't been 90 days?

• 17 November 2020
  • 7 replies

From what I understand, Koodo doesn’t allow upgrades within 90 days. However, I bought a used phone through Koodo, and I’ve given it time and I’m simply very unhappy with it. It’s past the 15 days return window, which I would have taken advantage of if I knew (which is my fault), but I was trying to give it time to grow on me, which it has not. 

I’ve been a customer for years and years, and I was trying to find a proper contact us area, but can’t, so public will have to do. I’m trying to take advantage of a Black Friday sale to get a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. I just purchased RFB SS GALAXY A51 64GB BLACK and I have paid off the tab, and have no issue paying off the tab bonus as well. I just really don’t want to have to continue using this phone, it’s probably one of the worst I’ve dealt with. 

Can I get any sort of assistance with this? I don’t feel comfortable going into the store/kiosk right now due to COVID, and from what I’ve seen from online forums, this issue doesn’t appear to be fixed in the store anyway. Thanks for any assistance!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you buy and how?  If you bought through online, return period is 30 days.. 

Contact web store as soon as possible.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Return

When did you buy and how?  If you bought through online, return period is 30 days.. 

Looks like Sept 11 :( 

I really wanted to like it, having the phone with no tab made it super cheap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see. Then you won't be able to return it...  In that case you can keep this phone as back up or give/sell it to your friend, family members or on Kijiji.

BTW, I don't see BF sale on S20 FE.  Do you see any deal on it?

I see. Then you won't be able to return it...  In that case you can keep this phone as back up or give/sell it to your friend, family members or on Kijiji.

I think I’m thinking of the plans and not the phone itself, but either way, I would still like the phone, sale or not.

I don’t mind paying for this phone outright, and I’ve paid my tab, and I intended to put the tab bonus on my following bill - but again, this doesn’t solve my problem because I wanted to upgrade, but it’s saying that I can’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think I’m thinking of the plans and not the phone itself, but either way, I would still like the phone, sale or not.

I don’t mind paying for this phone outright, and I’ve paid my tab, and I intended to put the tab bonus on my following bill - but again, this doesn’t solve my problem because I wanted to upgrade, but it’s saying that I can’t.

Well, you said you don't like your phone and wanted return it, then upgrade your phone. And you mentioned S20FE for BF deal. That's why I'm trying to figure out how you can get it with best way possible.

And now you said you are thinking of plan?  

Those promo plans are for phone upgrade. But, you must got different promo around September with Back to school promo. It was there for long time and many people were asking about it here a lot. 

Well, you said you don't like your phone and wanted return it, then upgrade your phone. And you mentioned S20FE for BF deal. That's why I'm trying to figure out how you can get it with best way possible.

And now you said you are thinking of plan?  

Those promo plans are for phone upgrade. But, you must got different promo around September with Back to school promo. It was there for long time and many people were asking about it here a lot. 

Okay, let’s ignore the plan or any promo, just put that aside, How would I be able to get past the error saying that I can’t upgrade? 

Sorry, I have a habit of not being able to get out what I’m trying to say properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had the money to pay off both the Tab and “phone bonus” of the existing phone, I would suggest you buy the new phone directly from Samsung. The price could be cheaper with other discount at Samsung Black Friday event.

If you want to bypass the 90days restriction, you would have to contact a rep directly. There isn’t an option to do it via self-serve.