Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I have two koodo accounts?

I already have a koodo account with my phone, and my husband's phone on it. We want to get our daughter a phone, with a tab (in other words, a different/cheaper plan). Can I have a second Koodo account in my name, until she's old enough and it can be switched over to her name? Or would I have to get it in my husband's name?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can have up to 5 lines on your account. You should be able to create a line for her under the same account as yours and your husbands.
Chadwick wrote:

You can have up to 5 lines on your account. You should be able to create a line for her under the...

Would she be under our same plan though? Because we don't want her under the same plan. We want to get her a cheaper plan. For example, the LG G4, $5/mth tab for 24 months, with the $30 plan. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You can have up to 5 lines on your account. You should be able to create a line for her under the...

Each line has to have its own plan, so no. You and your husband each have your own plan(though they can all be identical)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You can pick any of Koodo's available plans, no worries 🙂
Chadwick wrote:

Thank you. You guys have been helpful. My biggest fear was that we'd have to have her on the same plan but I am relieved that it's not the case. One of the other many reasons why I love Koodo and have stuck with it for so long
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Not a problem thats what were here for 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You will have unlimited calling between the three of you, probably useful if she is on the 30 plan 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If you go and do it tomorrow, there is a double data promo going for new and upgrading customers. Be sure to mention that when you sign up if you do it as the promo ends tomorrow i do believe.
Chadwick wrote:

Good to know, although i am in Canada so is that nationwide?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Yes, unlimited calling within the account should be nationwide.
Chadwick wrote:

Lol thank you. I knew that. But iwas talking about the promo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

OOhhhh haha sorry 😃 Yes promo is available in all of Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

^ absolutely all of Canada. Though some reps are not notified of this promo, If you have a hard time at the booth if u go, just ask them to contact their superior and they should be able to get it set up for you .
Chadwick wrote:

Okay thank you so much!