Koodo Community
Question

Can I give my phone back?

• 31 August 2019
  • 9 replies

I’m switching phone companies to take advantage of a family plan.
I still have a outstanding balance on my tab. Instead of paying it off can I just give Koodo my phone back instead?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sam legary No. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. With any company. And if you still have a tab outstanding it may not make the switch worthwhile. Have you looked at some of the current plans we have and see if switching to one of those may get you the savings?
You guys don’t offer unlimited data. With how much I spend monthly on you guys, I could pay off my tab and get a new phone at a new company and the saving would pay for itself in a few months, so at this point in time it’d be much more beneficial for me to take my business elsewhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You guys don’t offer unlimited data. With how much I spend monthly on you guys, I could pay off my tab and get a new phone at a new company and the saving would pay for itself in a few months, so at this point in time it’d be much more beneficial for me to take my business elsewhere
Unlimited data is a joke. Here is the analysis https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/24/rogers-telus-throttle-speeds-unlimited-data-plans/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sam legary Sam, of course the call is your. You do have a significant outstanding amount on your bill. Also, the data you have in your plan is relatively small, we have 3-4 times the data in some other plans.
@sam legary Sam, of course the call is your. You do have a significant outstanding amount on your bill. Also, the data you have in your plan is relatively small, we have 3-4 times the data in some other plans.
For 3 or 4 times the price. If you can offer me unlimited for the same as the other companies then I’ll gladly stay with you guys.

You guys don’t offer unlimited data. With how much I spend monthly on you guys, I could pay off my tab and get a new phone at a new company and the saving would pay for itself in a few months, so at this point in time it’d be much more beneficial for me to take my business elsewhereUnlimited data is a joke. Here is the analysis https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/24/rogers-telus-throttle-speeds-unlimited-data-plans/

Throttling is something the big 3 have been upfront about since day one of the unlimited plans, nothing new or shocking in that article.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You guys don’t offer unlimited data. With how much I spend monthly on you guys, I could pay off my tab and get a new phone at a new company and the saving would pay for itself in a few months, so at this point in time it’d be much more beneficial for me to take my business elsewhereUnlimited data is a joke. Here is the analysis https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/24/rogers-telus-throttle-speeds-unlimited-data-plans/
Throttling is something the big 3 have been upfront about since day one of the unlimited plans, nothing new or shocking in that article.

It is about the speed and usability. one person mentioned "You’re better off delivering the message by foot" while on the throttled speed of 256/512 KBs .. 2G speed.

And Yes, if you are fine with it, then go for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sam legary $60 10GB is pretty decent. Mind you it depends on tab type. But indeed you can choose TELUS or any other brands they offers throttled unlimited.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get the $75 10GB from koodo. Just doesnt have the unlimited data which like mentioned above, is pretty useless after its throttled.