Koodo Community

Community

Can I get a new phone on Tab and pay it off right away so it doesn't affect monthly charges?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi John. You have to wait 3 months (90 days) to pay off your tab in full.

5 replies

I just signed up my dad for Koodo on the $40 plan. He wants to keep the monthly charges low. Can I buy the iPhone SE on Tab (since it's cheaper than retail) and pay it off right away so it doesn't affect monthly charges?
ah crap, what would you guys suggest to get this phone cheap then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John wrote:

ah crap, what would you guys suggest to get this phone cheap then?

Pay the extra (on top of your plan) $15/month for 3 months and then pay the tab off. It all evens out in the end. Just instead of paying $360 up front youll pay $15/month for 3 months and then $315.
Wow, does Koodo really let us get away with that?
Userlevel 6
Thowlander wrote:

Wow, does Koodo really let us get away with that?

@Wat: There are people out there (likely including OP) who don't like to carry a balance. In fact, even if you gave them a negative interest rate (as in you'd be bribing them to keep a balance), they still wouldn't want to keep a balance.
I can't blame them. Many people don't trust carriers when it comes to phone subsidies and rather remain BYOD, with the freedom of switching carriers if they ever find a better deal or get ticked by their carrier.
I used to be that way. Now I see the value in getting phone plans with device subsidy (in Koodo's case, "le Tab").