Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i buy a phone from koodo at its retail price? Or do i have to get there tab.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
You will not be forced into getting the Tab when purchasing a phone. Although, it does help, it is not mandatory UNLESS you are getting one of the Tab L plans. (I won't recommend them)
So if the iphone 4S is 300 $ (Retail price) i could just pay the 300 $ then get the phone on a plan?
Userlevel 4
CrazyChriis wrote:

So if the iphone 4S is 300 $ (Retail price) i could just pay the 300 $ then get the phone on a plan?

Exactly, friend 🙂
Userlevel 7
CrazyChriis wrote:

Yes. You can also get 10% off your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CrazyChriis wrote:

If you get it on a plan then yes, if you don't get it on a plan then you have to pay the prepaid price.
Userlevel 4
CrazyChriis wrote:

You can also get 10% off your bill each month instead of accumulating a positive tab.
CrazyChriis wrote:

Do i have to have good credit
Userlevel 7
CrazyChriis wrote:

Yes but it's not harsh.
Userlevel 4
CrazyChriis wrote:

Not really. Just good enough to be able to activate the account. I have horrible credit, I'm sure...but I was able to get service.
CrazyChriis wrote:

Damn i have horrible credit
Userlevel 3
CrazyChriis wrote:

You can always request a credit check. Otherwise prepaid would be your only other option 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CrazyChriis wrote:

The only service you don't need credit for is prepaid, Chris. How much do you expect to use your phone, roughly? Might be worth looking into prepaid - if you can't get a plan at all.