Koodo Community
Solved

Broken Pixel 4a 5G Out of The Box !

• 7 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

Received my Pixel 4a 5G on Monday and the Power, Vol + and Vol - are not responsive/laggy. 

I updated to the latest firmware and the issue remains. It would work at times but eventually just stop.

I purchased the phone online and sent an email to the webstore two days ago but no response yet.

Hope I can get an exchange quick. I am basically without a phone until this is resolved. 

Anyone else having issues with their Pixel 4a 5G ? I saw on reddit that people faced similar issue on the original 4a.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 7 January 2021, 21:28

I assumed you sent email (with the detail of the HFO order, your account number) to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com They are the one who control the return/exchange/repair https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone for purchase in the webstore.

I would just wait for them to respond 1,2 days more. If they don’t reply by that time, you could send another email or contact Koodo directly and ask.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you sent email (with the detail of the HFO order, your account number) to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com They are the one who control the return/exchange/repair https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone for purchase in the webstore.

I would just wait for them to respond 1,2 days more. If they don’t reply by that time, you could send another email or contact Koodo directly and ask.

Here is an update.

8 email exchanges regarding a clear request that I want an exchange, please note that Koodo email replySLA is between 2 -4 days which is ridiculous when you're trying to resolve an issue like mine.

Received a confirmation on the 13th of January to wait for a replacement device. This can take up to 5 business days.

January 20 -  No new replacement device received , no email received regarding any status. Attempted 3 scheduled call back that did not connect.

January 21 - Scheduled call back finally connected. Agent states to wait until Monday to receive a tracking #. If no email received that I should schedule call back again.

Still stuck with a broken phone that was DOA. Will probably start getting charged for a hardware upgrade that was not fulfilled properly.

Very difficult to get answers with Koodo. Slow email response time and scheduled call back does not always connect . I find myself doing way too much leg work just to get help.

I will probably switch provider if this doesn't pan out.