Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bringing my own phone to activate on my account, will I have to pay off my tab?

If I buy a phone off Kijiji, and take it to Koodo and activate it to my account as my new phone and deactivate my current phone, will I have to pay off my current tab? Or will it stay the way it is because I brought my own new phone to activate..?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Amy, What phone are you looking at purchasing? When buying a phone off Kijiji you'll have to make sure that it is unlocked so that it can at least work on Koodo. You will not have to pay off your tab unless you want to. It will continue to pay off each month as it normally does. Hope that helps answer your question 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Amy, What phone are you looking at purchasing? When buying a phone off Kijiji you'll have ...

Hey Daniel, That's the answer I was looking for! Thanks! I was looking at purchasing an iPhone 5S, locked to Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Amy, What phone are you looking at purchasing? When buying a phone off Kijiji you'll have ...

No problem at all, you'll just need to pop in your sim card (granted it's the right size, if not you'll need to buy a new one they're $10).
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Alright, thanks!