Koodo Community
Solved

Been a customer for over one year, can I pay off a new tab?

Instead of waiting for the 90 days, can I pay off my tab early since I went on a small tab and my plan was actually the same as before plus I’ve been a memeber for over 1 year.

Can I get the tab out of the way? Can a rep via phone or kiosk do this?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 9 January 2019, 06:48

hi,
You could actually try to pay off the Tab in your self service. Go to Self serve >> view Tab Balance >> Pay my Tab. If you can pay it off, then you are eligible. Normally 90days restriction applies for paying off tab (from the date you got the Tab).

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
You could actually try to pay off the Tab in your self service. Go to Self serve >> view Tab Balance >> Pay my Tab. If you can pay it off, then you are eligible. Normally 90days restriction applies for paying off tab (from the date you got the Tab).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You do understand the Tab is an interest free loan right? You would be better off using that money that you going to pay off the tab with in an investment, so at the end of the tab you would be slightly ahead
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What investment would you suggest @Dennis? We're talking about small amounts here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert T wrote:

What investment would you suggest @Dennis? We're talking about small amounts here.

A mutual fund or ETF. It could be a low risk investments that holds bonds.

Or use that money to buy RRSPs and get a larger refund
Badge +4
A customer asks if they can pay off their tab early and they get money management advise. What a forum 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mats wrote:

A customer asks if they can pay off their tab early and they get money management advise. What a forum :)

Aapl took a dip late last week when they announced they were slashing revenue forecasts. If you bought it at around $142-144 on Friday, it is at $150-152 right now. That's a quick 5% gain. And it's a dividend paying stock and a company that holds a lot of cash so it's not that big of a risk if it fell further