Koodo Community

Community

Allow Contract Option or Larger Tabs still

I think, for users looking to upgrade to a newer, more expensive phone the Tab options are great, but for some are still un-affordable. The newest phones cost well over 700 dollars these days, and for some people they'd prefer, at that cost, to be locked into a contract to get the phone for far cheaper, without having to pay for the tab plus an extra fee each month. Even paying off a larger tab would make new phones easier to access for people with lower income. I know myself for example would love to have the latest iPhones but they are out of my price ranger by far without the option of a larger tab.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Megan,

Koodo has three tab sizes available (if you aren't already aware). Tab Small, Tab Medium and Tab Large. Here's a link to explain how each works.

http://koodomobile.com/en/ns/tab.shtml

Hope that helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With The big 3 and their contracts you can get a highly subsidized phone on contract but then you have to have a $90+ plan. Which is basically the Tab Large with an $80 plan plus the tab large fee.
Userlevel 7
Actually it's 80 minimum with the big 3 but yes, higher subsidies have more plan limitations with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Actually it's 80 minimum with the big 3 but yes, higher subsidies have more plan limitations with...

Your right. And with Koodo it's $70 minimum plus the $10 Tab L fee. So pretty much exactly the same plan and costs
Userlevel 7
Also if someone's in a low income situation they really don't have any business looking at high end phones to begin with. They should be looking at something in their budget, not something that's only attainable with credit. What happens if your phone breaks? Or you lose it? You'll be stuck with an expensive plan and a high Tab buyout.