Koodo Community
Solved

adding a phone

• 3 March 2021
  • 4 replies

If I purchase a new phone to get a better rate Do I have to pay off my tab immediately or can it be carried on? 

So If Im paying 15$ tab now and I add a 10$ tab can I pay a 25$ tab and choose to pay off my pre existing tab in the near future? 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 3 March 2021, 15:22

My understanding is that since you’re upgrading your phone and switching plans before your $15 tab is paid off, you will be charged the remaining tab balance/tab bonus balance on your next bill (or directly in store for phone upgrades). 

If you decide to pay off your tab early but you still have a remaining tab bonus balance, you will be charged the remaining tab bonus balance upon cancellation or upgrade.

Rate plan change eligibility

• You can change your rate plan only once per billing cycle.
  • Your Self-Serve account will show you all the rate plans you can switch to.
  • The availability of rate plans depends on things like your Tab or any special promotions you received when you signed up. Eligible rate plan options can vary over time, depending on what’s available at the time you want to change your plan.
  • You might need to pay off your remaining Tab and/or Tab Bonus balance before switching to another rate plan. See our Tab FAQs for more information.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

My understanding is that since you’re upgrading your phone and switching plans before your $15 tab is paid off, you will be charged the remaining tab balance/tab bonus balance on your next bill (or directly in store for phone upgrades). 

If you decide to pay off your tab early but you still have a remaining tab bonus balance, you will be charged the remaining tab bonus balance upon cancellation or upgrade.

Rate plan change eligibility

• You can change your rate plan only once per billing cycle.
  • Your Self-Serve account will show you all the rate plans you can switch to.
  • The availability of rate plans depends on things like your Tab or any special promotions you received when you signed up. Eligible rate plan options can vary over time, depending on what’s available at the time you want to change your plan.
  • You might need to pay off your remaining Tab and/or Tab Bonus balance before switching to another rate plan. See our Tab FAQs for more information.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan

Userlevel 3

I would caution you concerning buying a new phone to get a better rate.  You are still considered a koodo customer and will not qualify for plans for new customers. I believe.

Badge +4

One area that may be of interest is whether the rate plan change is worth trading Canada-wide calling for province-wide calling. Since all rate plans have changed to province-wide calling, the cost of restoring Canada-wide calling is five dollars if this is of importance to the customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would caution you concerning buying a new phone to get a better rate.  You are still considered a koodo customer and will not qualify for plans for new customers. I believe.

If you upgrade, you should still qualify for a promo plan, but any promo extras may or may not be available to you as an exisiting customer. 

Honestly there are exceptions here and there but this is generally what happens