Koodo Community

Community

Solved

about the account and plan

I paid for a koodo tab to switch to another carrier, when i got a new phone and switched the new carrier, i thought the new carrier is going to handle the closing of my account with koodo. But i think the account hasn't cancelled since i switched to a new carrier so i got behind on my koddo bill about $ 74.84 so i had to charge for it. Should I have to pay for the bill ? before i cancel the koodo mobile ?

3 replies

I paid for a koodo tab to switch to another carrier, when i got a new phone and switched the new carrier, i thought the new carrier is going to handle the closing of my account with koodo. But i think the account hasn't cancelled since i switched to a new carrier so i got behind on my koddo bill about $ 74.84 so i had to charge for it. Should I have to pay for the bill ? before i cancel the koodo my account and plan
Userlevel 7
Hi Kanghyeok, Just because you paid off your tab does not mean yout account was cancelled. It is up to you to verify that the account was closed or not. You can't assume your phone or any other bill got cancelled for you, without you doing anything explicitly to close it. Yes you should have to pay for the bill, you made a mistake hopefully you learn from it. Hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only way your account is automatically closed is if you port your Koodo phone # to your new carrier. If you've done that and still received a bill that is normal as you have to still pay any monthly service charges still owing to Koodo plus any remaining tab amount