Koodo Community
Question

440 MB stolen

• 9 August 2020
  • 7 replies

On Aug 7 at 3.30 my account was charged 440MB. I was not using my phone at the time and i was also in WIFI range. 

This is almost one half of my monthly limit. There is no way that I used this or any MB at this time. How can I correct this.  

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your phone can use data in the background without you using it. As well things like wifi assist can cause your phone to use data over your wifi.

Does your phone have some sort of data tracker? If so what does it say it was used with?

I only have my usage report on self serv. I does not provide details. 440.0 MB is a lot of data. How do I protect myself from this other than turning cellular data off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What kind of phone do you have?

Iphone SE

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The following link has information about checking data usage in iOS on your iPhone:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-check-data-usage-on-an-iphone/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As for preventing it from happening again, the link that Philosoraptor  provided also tells you things you can do to prevent your phone from doing it again. The title and link are a little misleading in that regard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you do not understand your usage, you can screenshot it and post it here so we can try and help.