Koodo Community

Community

Solved

10% discount after (old) tab reaches $150?

Joined 4 years ago and my tab has finally reached +$150. Does my next bill get discounted by 10%? I'm considering changing plans, from the old $56 2GB to the new promo $55 3GB, but not sure if I'll lose a discount or anything? Will be using the tab to buy the next iPhone. 🙂 Thanks for any help!

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Unfortunately with the new Tab system, we long timers don't have access to a 10% discount unless you already have one. You can keep your Tab to use towards the next phone you buy, but any new plan technically comes with a reduction in cost that comes with owning your own phone as Koodo doesn't have to pass any new phone costs along to you. Before, the plans were higher because they included a "premium", technically, which helped to subsidize the cost of the phone. Now, the Tab system works a bit different, where you pay the tab cost separately if you buy a new phone, but the cost of the plans are lower. However, given you have your own phone KEEP IT, and take advantage of the new plans. But no, you won't be getting a 10% discount. I wish they still had these..

This changed last summer if I remember correctly
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They are no longer offering 10% discount as Jordan said. So once you reached  your positive tab to $150, then that's it.
And you will enter the new tab system as soon as you switch your old plan to one of new plan and/or buy a phone with tab. There is no more Koodo's contribution.

$55 3GB promo plan will be end very soon. Grab it if it's works better for you 🙂

Thanks for the speedy reply Jordan and Mayumi!!! I've been on hold with Koodo for over 45 mins and finally hung up, as I have no idea how much longer before they get to me. I didn't get a 10% discount when my tab was paid off, so I wanted to see if that was still an option before I changed plans. I will use my + tab towards a new phone in the summer, as well as trading in my old iPhone. Thanks again for being here when Koodo support is too busy. Much appreciated!
hey guys I just found this query and I think I kind of get it. I reached my 150$ tab. You said i needed to switch to a new plan but would this mean another 2 year  type thing to add onto your bill so its not really as advertised. If that's the case why would i want a new plan rather then just sticking with the 150$ cap?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fiona Morrison wrote:

hey guys I just found this query and I think I kind of get it. I reached my 150$ tab. You said i ...

You don't need to change your plan. You can keep your plan as long as you want 🙂
You just won't accumulate positive tab any more once you reached the cap..
Fiona Morrison wrote:

hey guys I just found this query and I think I kind of get it. I reached my 150$ tab. You said i ...

and basically the tab is just to buy a new phone with you guys, but it would also put me into a negative cap if i changed the plan because the tabs are higher?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fiona Morrison wrote:

I'm not sure I got your question right...but.

You can use your positive tab to upgrade your phone.
Say if you want to buy a $500 phone. You can use your positive tab balance of $150. > Phone price will be $350. Then  you can put some amount to buy a phone.

Tab M : Your plan have to be $40 and over and you can put up to $360 on the tab($15/mo tab fee for 24 months)

Tab S : There is no minimum amount of your plan. And you can put up to $240 on the tab($10/mo tab fee for 24 months)

Tab L : You have to switch to a one of Tab L plan. And you can put up to $504 on the tab($21/mo tab fee for 24 months)

So, if you buy/upgrade your phone with new Tab, then your tab balance will be negative and you need to pay it down. (No more Koodo's contribution)
Fiona Morrison wrote:

ok so koodo isnt adding to my tab anymore it would just be me monthly. Also if i wanted a new phone i would buy it from your stock outright just minus the tab right? Sorry it made so much more sense when it was 10%
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fiona Morrison wrote:

"koodo isnt adding to my tab anymore it would just be me monthly..."
 - Correct.

What plan do you have? And which phone are you looking at?
You can use tab still if you want.
Fiona Morrison wrote:

i think tab s? i have the 50$ plan. i dont think i want one of your new phones though as i have a BB and I need real keys due to mild hand trembles.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fiona Morrison wrote:

So, you can use Tab M IF you decided to upgrade your phone since your plan is over $40.

But for now, you can just enjoy your current plan.(You don't have to change your plan).  And if you see better plan or if your needs changed, then you can pick a plan you want then.