Koodo Community
Solved

You're still waiting to be approved.

I have a pre-paid account. Today I activated additional post-paid account and got an email titled "Koodo Self Serve: additional account" which told me to log in to the Self Serve to learn more.
I did, but I get this error saying "You're still waiting to be approved..... You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address." etc.
I've contacted facebook chat but no reply.
What else am I supposed to do?
Thanks.
Btw I activated it in store and have a sim card with me, but no instructions.
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 7 June 2019, 06:01

After looking at 3+ years of posts here, I would suggest using separate email addresses for pre- and post-paid accounts. Seems the high school computer science student who designed their system never considered a smooth cross-over or link.

May as well consider that pre- and post- paid services are completely different outfits. Koodo has never hidden the fact that pre-paid is basically an online-only proposition. If you are bored to death and want to speak to someone every month about your detailed bill, then find a corporate account with a mainstream provider and pay accordingly. Staff attitude at kiosk's can degrade rapidly if you talk about prepaid because there's no sales commission to speak of.

Different support staff and systems entirely. There is no support to speak of on FB or Twitter for prepaid. But any time I used *611, it was impeccable. Of course, YMMV.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since you already contacted them on FB, they'll answer. I would've flagged the issue to a rep on the community, but I bet they'll answer on FB faster then on here. No need to spam them
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've contacted their FB page they will get back to you or they may see this post first but just give it a little time
How long does it usually take? Its over a day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll flag this to a rep for you.

You need to use a different email for postpaid from prepaid.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've just seen your FB post as we are experiencing unusual volume of messages at this time.

I see that your email address is not linked to an account number on our end, but at the same time we can only access postpaid accounts for now. In the future we'll provide support for prepaid as well. This being said, I cannot link your prepaid account with the same email address but you do have the possibility to link accounts in your self-serve. Please have a look in your prepaid account and look for My Profile, then locate "Link Accounts" , and click Manage. A page will prompt you to enter the first name, last name and the phone number of the person’s account that you would like to link.

If this option is not available in your prepaid self-serve, I can reset your self-serve profile so you can use your email to re-register on koodomobile.com/self-serve , and try it out on your postpaid self-serve. You will need your 8-digits account number to register, which you can find on the copy of your service agreement.

Please note that by resetting it, I cannot know if your prepaid self-serve will be reset as well, but if you have an alternative email ready, we can go ahead and try. Of course, you will be able to re-register with any email using the link above, without losing any account info. Please confirm if I can go ahead and reset your self-serve.
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've just seen your FB post as we are experiencing unusual volume of messages at this time.

There is no option to link accounts. But I was able to change the email address on my pre-paid account.
Try to reset my post-account now. Thanks.
Will I get an email saying how to activate my account? I never got any.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
After looking at 3+ years of posts here, I would suggest using separate email addresses for pre- and post-paid accounts. Seems the high school computer science student who designed their system never considered a smooth cross-over or link.

May as well consider that pre- and post- paid services are completely different outfits. Koodo has never hidden the fact that pre-paid is basically an online-only proposition. If you are bored to death and want to speak to someone every month about your detailed bill, then find a corporate account with a mainstream provider and pay accordingly. Staff attitude at kiosk's can degrade rapidly if you talk about prepaid because there's no sales commission to speak of.

Different support staff and systems entirely. There is no support to speak of on FB or Twitter for prepaid. But any time I used *611, it was impeccable. Of course, YMMV.
Finally solved this after 4 days of no response by calling *611 and scheduling a call back using online chat.
Had to schedule 3 call backs. For some reason first 2 were not able to call nor text my koodo number. They kept going straight to voicemail.
For the 3rd call I put my home phone number, so here is a tip for anyone in the future,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you block unknown numbers? Some phone have that feature that you will not receive the call from ppl that aren't on your contact list. That's probably the reason they couldn't text and going directly through VM.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Finally solved this after 4 days of no response by calling *611 and scheduling a call back using online chat.
Had to schedule 3 call backs. For some reason first 2 were not able to call nor text my koodo number. They kept going straight to voicemail.
For the 3rd call I put my home phone number, so here is a tip for anyone in the future,

You may also want to check if the "Do not Disturb" option was accidentally switched on or scheduled to be switched on which could also explain why the calls went onto your voicemail.

1. Swipe down twice from the top of a Home screen.
  2. Tap the Do not disturb icon to turn on or off.
  3. Touch and hold the Do Not Disturb icon to get Schedule setting.
  4. Tap Duration then select one of the following:
  • Until you turn off
  • For one hour (Increase or decrease this time frame using the + or - icons (to the right)
  • Ask every time
Tap OK (lower-right).