Koodo Community
Solved

wrong number?

• 12 January 2021
  • 7 replies

So I just signed up with koodo and transferred my number over from bell. My koodo account has my old transferred number now listed, and I can receive calls and texts with that number no problem. However, when I text my husband for some reason the number he sees come up is the number I was assigned from koodo when I purchased my phone, not my actual phone number. He is also a new koodo user, we purchased our phones at the same time and he also transferred his number over from bell (not sure if thats at all relevant). His number shows up properly when he sends texts to me. Oddly enough for the first couple days after transferring my number it was showing up on his phone properly, and then all of a sudden in the last 2 or 3 days now it shows up incorrectly with the number i got rid of when I transferred over from bell. This isn't happening to anyone else I text. Has this happened to anyone else?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 12 January 2021, 15:58

So I just signed up with koodo and transferred my number over from bell. My koodo account has my old transferred number now listed, and I can receive calls and texts with that number no problem. However, when I text my husband for some reason the number he sees come up is the number I was assigned from koodo when I purchased my phone, not my actual phone number. He is also a new koodo user, we purchased our phones at the same time and he also transferred his number over from bell (not sure if thats at all relevant). His number shows up properly when he sends texts to me. Oddly enough for the first couple days after transferring my number it was showing up on his phone properly, and then all of a sudden in the last 2 or 3 days now it shows up incorrectly with the number i got rid of when I transferred over from bell. This isn't happening to anyone else I text. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did you restart your phone after doing the port transfer to Koodo?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you restart your phone after doing the port transfer to Koodo?

Yes! I have actually tried resetting it a couple times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Chances are that it is just the port adjusting itself. Which number is shown in self serve, your old or temporary number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case, you might want to contact the Koodo porting team at 1-844-232-7678. They might be able to fix your issue.

Chances are that it is just the port adjusting itself. Which number is shown in self serve, your old or temporary number?

Self serve shows the correct transferred number

In that case, you might want to contact the Koodo porting team at 1-844-232-7678. They might be able to fix your issue.

Okay thanks might have to try that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh that's good, you could indeed dial that number to verify that the port went correctly. You don't want anything to go wrong there :)