Koodo Community

wireless homephone

• 13 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello all, I just ordered my wireless home line since we are getting rid of our current provider but during the order it never did ask for my number to transfer.  Will I get a call back for this info? 

I've also tried to order a call back but it says the reps are too busy to schedule it. 

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s okay, you want to transfer your number after everything is set up anyway :) Wait till you get the device and the SIM card, and once the line works, you can port in your old number!

Thats not much of an option. As of the 28th of this month my home line will be  canceled.  When I completed the order they gave a ridiculous shipping time. (I know most likely due to covid) if it can't be ported over then I'd like to cancel my order and ill go elsewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats not much of an option. As of the 28th of this month my home line will be  canceled.  When I completed the order they gave a ridiculous shipping time. (I know most likely due to covid) if it can't be ported over then I'd like to cancel my order and ill go elsewhere.

It says shipping within 2weeks on their site.

You can contact webstore to request cancel your order. 

But, check other provider if they can ship home phone to you much quicker than Koodo before cancel.  If you can find a provider, it's great.  If others are all same, then compare price, service and what's included in the price.

Mind you, porting required active account. If your current service is cancelled, then you can't port out the number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should definitely not hang up your entire future on a line that is about to be cancelled. Best at this point is probably to get yourself a prepaid SIM card (any prepaid would do) and port your number to that before your landline expires. Then port your number across to your Koodo home phone (or any other provider you pick) at your leisure.

It takes 3 to 5 full business days to port a landline, so you don’t want to wait till the last moment.

The reason why Koodo only ports the number after your line is set up is to minimize downtime… it would be terrible if you ported your landline and then having to wait 2 weeks without being able to receive any calls!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also call around to any local Koodo stores to see if you can pick up a home phone hub there. (Mind you, you would still have to cancel the online order before getting one in store) but that way you can get it instantly, port the number, and not have to worry about anything else.