Koodo Community

Will my data automatically unpause on my phone once my new plan, allowing more data, is activated online?

• 21 November 2022
  • 9 replies

• Connector
  • 4 replies

Made plan changes to one of 2 phones. Keep getting dumped ice cream image when trying to acknowledge changes, Self serve says changes have been made. The new plan allows for more data yet it is still paused….do I activate data or will the new plan do that? I don’t want to activate data unless I know it is safe to do so.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan did you change to?  (How much data is including? )

What is your bill cycle,?

Did you restart your phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you changed your plan with more data it should be automatic.  It may require restarting your phone.

You did confirm in self serve that when you check your plan, it is showing the new one?

I checked self serve...says it is there. My plan was $45, changed to $55 to allow for 20 GB of data. Yes, I have restarted the phone as well.

Billing cycle is Nov., 1. Changes should take effect today, as per online info during procedure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Billing cycle is Nov., 1. Changes should take effect today, as per online info during procedure.

Ok, then you should have plenty of data even though it was prorated.

And it doesn't take too long to refresh once you received a confirmation email ( plus changes appear on your self servi).

Can you try power cycle too? (Turn off power and turn it on again)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you go to Usage in self serve do you see a bucket for the new Data?

What plan did you change to?  (How much data is including? )

What is your bill cycle,?

Did you restart your phone?

Upped my plan from 2 gb to 20gb data. Billing cycle 1st of the month. Have restarted phone.

If you go to Usage in self serve do you see a bucket for the new Data?

A bucket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry do you see the new data appear in your data usage page on self serve?