Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why has Koodo removed the ability to change SIM cards from the online Self Serve?

Why has Koodo removed the ability to change SIM cards from the online Self Serve?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Apparantly it's because of "Fraud". It's supposed to be back at the end of the month, but there is no way to really know. For now you will need to contact Koodo and get them to do the SIM switch, don't worry: there won't a charge for this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Apparantly it's because of "Fraud". It's supposed to be back at the end of the month, but there i...

It's still rather annoying. I also don't see how calling in prevents fraud anymore than the secure Self Serve portal.
Mathieu wrote:

Apparantly it's because of "Fraud". It's supposed to be back at the end of the month, but there i...

Me either. Previously I saw where someone had submitted an idea to use a scroll box set up for all your sim numbers so you could just click on the one you are switching to.I believe it was listed as "not planned" or simiIar. (I can't find these posts via seach any more which is how I found them to start with so I don't get that part.) I notice they have my different phones listed under the "lost phone" section in self serve so (I presume) you can just click on the missing one. Seems to me if this had something to do with fraud having the sim #s permanently listed on the site as well might help prevent this especially if there is also some sort of SIM registration process to get them added to your list. Or is there some clause that says we can't loan phones to others who then use them with their sim???? Certainly I hope it's not some scam that ultimately looses this option for the rest of us. It's one of the big reasons I've been with Koodo as long as I have. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hehe, I believe that was one of my ideas from way back in the day. Ah to be young again...

I just keep my different SIM #s in an online notebook and copy/paste as needed. When Koodo brings back the self serve option, I suggest you use this method to somewhat speed up the process.
Mathieu wrote:

Thanks for your reply Ivan: I hope Koodo passes on the $$ they save via this forum to you guys and are also charging us less.

Mathieu wrote:

Any update on "change phone" via self serve? Also in one of these posts there was info on how to get through the cal-in maze to do this via phone. I've spent a while trying to find that again a couple of times and can't. Anyone know what that is.....I remember a lot of "1"s but that's it. The first menu seems to not apply so I'm lost. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Not coming back anytime soon. I think you can press any option appart from technical support and then press 0 to speak to someone directly.