Koodo Community
Solved

Why am I unable to buy a second cellphone line?

• 15 January 2021
  • 4 replies

We are trying to move here from Telus.  My line went through fine, but I could not complete the second purchase.  She could not either.  I (now) know that there is a undisclosed 90-day hold on the purchase of a second line on new accounts (shame this is not communicated in any way to customers upfront), so I will not be able to get her moved over for 3 months if I do it that way.  Somehow I got on the line with an actual person in an attempt to get her a line, and after much back and forth with techs on their end was told that there is a problem with the info coming back from Equifax!  This is garbage, frankly -- I am still in the process of looking to ensure nothing bad has happened, but she has fine access to credit, our credit is being actively watched, etc, so the likelihood it is this is very low.

She did however try to open her account using the same credit card account (same account, different card on the account) when she was rejected.  Can anyone tell me if the same credit card account, but different card and person would trigger this hold?  

Honestly, I have NEVER had such an AWEFUL experience trying to buy anything in my life.  What a piss-poor intro.  Is there any way for my wife to purchase her own line?  Our other card in an AMEX and gets rejected out of hand (apparently because it is not from a Canadian bank, despite the card I did use is ALSO not from a Canadian bank, but is a mastercard).  I feel like I can’t get a straight answer from any part of this company!!

Please take my money!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 16 January 2021, 01:44

Have you tried contacting equifax? Sometimes they will have old info on their side that doesn't match up with your current info which can cause flags when you try to sign up.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well the 90 days thing is to prevent fraud. What’s surprising to see is you still getting rejected anyways. I’d send a private message to Koodo via FB Messenger and DM via Twitter to get further assistance as it would need a rep to do some digging.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried contacting equifax? Sometimes they will have old info on their side that doesn't match up with your current info which can cause flags when you try to sign up.

The rep that did the digging told me that her Equifax info was the problem.  But thanks, I will try Facebook.

I am in the process of doing that, but we have had numerous and varied interactions with credit over the past six months and nothing came back at all. She has far greater credit than I do. We have been stable in the same place for a long time. It doesn't make sense to me, but I am pursuing the matter to be sure. There is no direct way to contact them without communicating by mail first, which is taking some time.

And to be clear, I am still within that 90 day period that nobody told me about.