Koodo Community
Question

What is the "Account PIN Number" and "Account number"?

• 8 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm attempting to transfer my old phone number, from Bell MTS, to my new Koodo plan, but it's asking me for an account number, and an account pin number, but I don't know what either of those would be. The old plan was a part of a larger Bell MTS account, which doesn't seem to have a number, and there is no account PIN number. The PIN number I use to get into my phone apparently fails the "Data Format Validation". The account number I'm attempting to use, my device number, doesn't fail the validation however,

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
I would suggest you check your bill with Bell. There is always an account number either for prepaid or postpaid.

PIN is a security code. If you don't know/don't have, you can leave it blank. The same goes for IMEI (SERIAL)field.

You only need your account number, your name and number to port. Don't fill in all fields, it might generate unnecessary error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The PIN number would likely be a 4-6 digit number that you wouldve set up when you first created the account. It's used to verify your identity
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@MistehTimmeh I recently ported my number over from BellMTS.

The account number should be on your MTS bill (note that the account number is not your phone number). Mine was combined with Internet and TV.

I left the PIN field blank and everything ported over fine within 15mins