Koodo Community
Question

What is going on at Koodo?

My phone is on a seasonal hold, and I can’t change it to another plan on self-service. They won’t  answer the damn phone. So I’m stuck with a phone that’s useless.  Why do Canadians put up with this crap from telecommunications companies, and how do they ever expect to retain any customer loyalty when service is non-existent?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kerrj I see that you set up a callback so we can help you.  The phone number you entered doesn’t appear to be a Canadian one.  Can someone reach you at your home phone number we have on file for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @kerrj - what error message are you getting when you try to change the plan in Self Serve? If you can share the copy or a screen shot of what you’re seeing, that’ll help us dig into it a bit deeper to see if it has something to do with your account, or something on our side.

Koodo Assist is our first point of contact when it comes to support. it can help answer pretty much any question you have about your Koodo service, and if nee be, it can also help connect you to someone, if it’s unable to help you out directly.

Alternatively, you can also send us a private message on Facebook where one of our reps can help sort things out for you.

Hope that helps. 

I live overseas and I’m returing to Canada next week. I need my phone to be able to roam while I’m travelling. There is no error message when I try to switch plans. It just will not allow me to choose the plan. My daughter tried to do it for me in Canada, but it didn’t work for her either. 

If someone wold call me back at a scheduled time, I could pop my koodo SIM in to receive the call.

And, by the way, koodo assist sucks! What good is an 80% success rate? And then to brag about it like it’s some sort of accomplishemnt! Jesus H. Christ this is exasperating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

While I see an account matching the email you’re using here, I’m  not seeing a line that’s on seasonal hold. Plus I wouldn’t be able to see any info on your daughters line. 

With this being a public forum we can’t authenticate you and get/discuss account specific info. If you send us private message on Facebook, that will probably work best to get this sorted. Can you shoot us a message there?

No, I don’t use Facebook and I am not opening an account to communicate wtth Koodo. Why can’t you use my personal email or schedule a call so I can put my koodo SIM in to receive the the call.? This is not rocket science. If this is not resolved today, I am going to go to another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Two reps were trying to help you and all you do is yell. Why don't you answer the questions and follow the instructions they gave you?

You can just create a temporary bogus Facebook account.

Yell? Really? That’s your response? 

The question was “Can you shoot us a question there?” meaning Facebook. I replied to that question. 

I am not creating a Facebook account. 

My question is, why can you not do a scheduled callback on my koodo number like I suggested? There’s a question that was not answered by Koodo, so don’t talk to me about not answering questions. Remember, it is Koodo’s service that is utterly inadequate. Don’t put that off on the customer! You have a lot of audacity. 

By the way, I have called Koodo five times and been cut off each time. It is impossible to talk to an agent, so if you don’t understand my exasperation, you shouldn’t be working in customer service. The agent above is unable to see that my account is on seasonal hold. That is not my problem, that is Koodo’s problem. When I log into self service it shows my account on seasonal hold. I’m doing what I need to do,  Koodo is simply unable to addrress the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yell? Really? That’s your response? 

The question was “Can you shoot us a question there?” meaning Facebook. I replied to that question. 

I am not creating a Facebook account. 

My question is, why can you not do a scheduled callback on my koodo number like I suggested? There’s a question that was not answered by Koodo, so don’t talk to me about not answering questions. Remember, it is Koodo’s service that is utterly inadequate. Don’t put that off on the customer! You have a lot of audacity. 

Let me get this straight…
You want koodo to call you at a scheduled time on your koodo number.

The number that you want to talk to them about because it's on seasonal hold and not working.

The number that Koodo can't make changes to for you until they confirm that you are actually the account holder.

How, exactly, do you expect to receive a call on a suspended number?

This is what appears under their 15 dollar a month plan, which is what I am paying for:

• Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling

It’s not a “suspended” number. If I put the SIM in my phone it is recognized.  This is a telecommunications company and their prefereed mode of communication is Facebook?

It’s easy for me to confirm I am the account holder since I have a password and a security question. They would do that on any callback,. This would be no different.

Their support email is also inoperable “due to covid19”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is what appears under their 15 dollar a month plan, which is what I am paying for:

• Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling

It’s not a “suspended” number. If I put the SIM in my phone it is recognized.  This is a telecommunications company and their prefereed mode of communication is Facebook?

It’s easy for me to confirm I am the account holder since I have a password and a security question. They would do that on any callback,. This would be no different.

Their support email is also inoperable “due to covid19”

Whether you choose to believe it or not, a phone that is on seasonal hold cannot make or receive phone calls. That's why they call it a hold. That's also why you pay a significantly reduced rate while it's on hold. If you want to test that try it yourself.

They can't talk to you on that number until they put it back in service. They can't put it back in service until they talk to you. Do you see the problem yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kerrj - does the number you’d like to be called at end in 730? If so, I can try to call you within the next hour, or between 11am-12pm, Eastern. Do either of those windows work for you?

Whether you choose to believe it or not, a phone that is on seasonal hold cannot make or receive phone calls. That's why they call it a hold. That's also why you pay a significantly reduced rate while it's on hold. If you want to test that try it yourself.

They can't talk to you on that number until they put it back in service. They can't put it back in service until they talk to you. Do you see the problem yet?

The roaming works on seasonal hold. I just spoke to someone in Canada to test it, so there ya go. Thanks for your input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then the line was not on seasonal hold... And you still haven't answered Ranjan who offered to call you. I take it your issue is resolved then? Since your phone is NOT on seasonal hold and you haven't confirmed Ranjan's offer?

Sophia,

I called Koodo in January and asked to have my phone put on a seasonal hold. They charge 15 dollars a month, and I was told it was placed on hold. The issue, if you recall, was that I was unable to change my plan. If Ranjan wants to schedule a call. He is more than welcome.

If I asked to have the phone put on a seasonal hold, and they acccomodate your requrest. It is not unreasonable to think that they did what you asked. If you schedule a call, I will put ny koodo SIM in my phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kerrj is the number ending in 730 the one you’d like me  to call, and are you free to take a call now?

One more thing: Just so you understand the customer’s perspective.

1. The self-serve feature I needed on the website did not work, even though Koodo wants customers to serve themselves to cut corporate costs.
  2. The Koodo assist digital chat was inadequate for the customers needs.
  3. The customer tries to call Koodo and gets repeatedly cut off.
  4. The customer contacts the customer service email address only to be told that it is not operational because of Covid19.

You see my point? Tell me you wouldn’t be equally exasperated.

Userlevel 5

@kerrj is the number ending in 730 the one you’d like me  to call, and are you free to take a call now?

You keep coming back to complain and yet you are ignoring people who are trying to help. Ranjan has offered to call you twice and you are not answering him, but you did have time to write another complaint. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can someone reach you at your home phone number we have on file for you?

… ignored

If you can share the copy or a screen shot of what you’re seeing, that’ll help us dig into it a bit deeper to see if it has something to do with your account, or something on our side.

… ignored

If you send us private message on Facebook, that will probably work best to get this sorted. Can you shoot us a message there?

… dismissed

@kerrj - does the number you’d like to be called at end in 730? If so, I can try to call you within the next hour, or between 11am-12pm, Eastern. Do either of those windows work for you?

… ignored

@kerrj - is the number ending in 730 the one you’d like me  to call, and are you free to take a call now?

… ignored

And you’re complaining about KOODO not communicating???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the chat, @kerrj!

Confirming that you were in fact not on a seasonal hold plan - but understand the confusion given that it was the same price-point.

Your rate plan will be changed to the $45 plan we discussed ahead of your return late next week, so it will be ready to use by the time you arrive back.

The community here is an amazing resource for help and information, but given that it’s primarily made up of fellow customers,  as you see above, they don’t have access to your account and can only offer suggestions based on the info you provide. Your frustration in not being able to get help right away, or through the methods you tried is understandable.. so hopefully we can all ‘woosah’ and be on with our day :) 

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!