Koodo Community
Solved

What do I need to know before upgrading to a new phone?

• 18 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Specifically: I have $90 remaining on my tab for the old phone. If I upgrade I obviously need to pay off that tab, but are there any other charges I should know about? Or is it as simple as paying the $90 and the old phone is mine?

Other question: is there a trade-in option? Because WTF am I supposed to with this otherwise pretty good phone that I no longer need? Can I trade it in against the new phone? I don’t see that option anywhere in self serve...

icon

Best answer by Dinh 18 February 2021, 03:49

If you signed up or upgraded your phone before August 25 2019, the Tab balance is the only amount you would have to pay.

If you got your phone from Koodo after August 25 2019, besides the Tab balance, there is some thing called “Tab bonus” that you would have to pay. You can find more here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus I would suggest you check your service agreement and your self serve Tab amount on it.

Regarding the trade-in, Koodo had a program at their Kiosk. You would have to check in with them and see the value . There isn’t any trade-in program if you plan to upgrade online. I would suggest you sell it online via 3rd party sites (Ebay, Craigslist, etc.) once you receive the new phone.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you signed up or upgraded your phone before August 25 2019, the Tab balance is the only amount you would have to pay.

If you got your phone from Koodo after August 25 2019, besides the Tab balance, there is some thing called “Tab bonus” that you would have to pay. You can find more here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus I would suggest you check your service agreement and your self serve Tab amount on it.

Regarding the trade-in, Koodo had a program at their Kiosk. You would have to check in with them and see the value . There isn’t any trade-in program if you plan to upgrade online. I would suggest you sell it online via 3rd party sites (Ebay, Craigslist, etc.) once you receive the new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your current phone is still good phone, you can keep it as back up. My daughter is in a band and she is using second phone ( old phone) for everything with band related.  Also, in case you need repair or lost your main phone, you don't need worry about " no phone period"  with a back up phone.

Userlevel 6

You can turn your old phone into a cam. I have one in the house and my husband has 2 in his shop so we can check on our property when we are away. We can also talk to each other via cam. You just need to download an app. I use Alfred which mostly works pretty well,