Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What add-on covers roaming while in Cuba ?

I want to check my emails while in Cuba.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only bundle that covers data is the $40 bundle (it gives you 50 MB). But if you do this, you must be vigilant of your data use as the pay-per-use rate for data is $10 PER MB once you use up the included 50 MB. I wouldn't do it. If you must check you email, it'll probably be a lot cheaper to use your hotel's business centre.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

The only bundle that covers data is the $40 bundle (it gives you 50 MB). But if you do this, you ...

The overage charges are surely just to remind you what things were like under the old Batista days. A dollar a minute or a dollar a megabyte --- just about the rate you could fill a 10-cent slot machine at full tilt. Mucho muy bueno now! Better to follow Ivan's advice. Give your SIM a vacation and leave it at home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

The only bundle that covers data is the $40 bundle (it gives you 50 MB). But if you do this, you ...

One of my favourite things about being in Cuba is being away from my phone. I usually leave it in the hotel safe and use a stand-alone camera.
Ivan wrote:

So when are you going to have a daily rate? Like 5 dollars
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Pocket your SIM and Stick to wifi if you can

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g147270-c202146/Cuba:Caribbean:Places.With.Wifi.In.Cuba.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Likely when the telco in Cuba offers reasonable rates to outside companies. They did in the past, but recently changed it, and to my knowledge, no Canadian provider offer roaming in Cuba anymore.