Koodo Community

What a disappointment to koodo!

• 11 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I called Koodo today using the callback service. From the beginning, the counselor's pronunciation was so bad that it was hard to understand, and the conversation was more difficult because of the noise around her throughout the consultation. I was a new customer of Koodo and I received a SIM card on January 8th because I placed an order on December 29th, and I haven't used my phone for a just minute. But when I saw the first bill today, it was charged from December 31 to January 8, so I called and said that the fare was charged to all customers and that they had to pay it. When I talked to another counselor, he said "I would remove the cost when the simcard came". How this two counselors were different. Her name was Pas and she was very rude throughout the call. And for now, I'm very disappointed with Koodo, who charges like this. Koodo doesn't even have a phone number for counseling, so I barely had 'call back' time to connect with online chat, but I don't want to use it anymore because I wasted my time and money. I regret why I chose koodo. I'm leaving after 3 days of using Koodo. I will never join again, I will not recommend it to my friends and family, and I will post this case on social media to reveal it in detail.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@B.C - it looks like there may have been some miscommunication.

Your billing began on Jan 7, and you received your SIM card on Jan 8. Coincidentally, your bill cycle is actually set to reset on the 8th of each month (this will always be the case). So the first bill you see accounts for 1 day of partial charges (Jan 7), and then a full month of charges in advance (Jan 8 - Feb 7). The month in advance is standard for any telecom provider in Canada - you will always be charged in advance for the service, and any additional charges are added to your  next bill.

From the notes, I can see that the rep tried to explain that they can remove charges for the one day of service, prior to receiving your SIM, but the month charged in advance is a valid charge.
Does that help explain the bill any better?

I know that all Canadian telecommunications companies pay bill first and use. You didn't even understand as the counselor earlier, but each counselor has a different saying and no one understands it properly. I mean, Koodo charged me for I didn't even spend. I placed an order on December 29th, 2020 and received the SIM card on January 8th, 2021. I can't use the phone about that period because SIM card was didn't delivered. And then my bill cycle is from January 8th to February 7th. The partial charge is from December 31st to January 7th when I didn't use it. I don't understand why I have to pay for a period when I can't use the plan because didn't  delivered SIM card. This is how Koodo take money, now I know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@B.C - My apologies, I clearly missed that the line was activated on Dec. 31, and that’s when charges began incurring, I see that now. For some reason, I saw that it was activated on Jan 7.
Let me dig into this a bit further and report back here shortly. 

Userlevel 6

I know that all Canadian telecommunications companies pay bill first and use. You didn't even understand as the counselor earlier, but each counselor has a different saying and no one understands it properly. I mean, Koodo charged me for I didn't even spend. I placed an order on December 29th, 2020 and received the SIM card on January 8th, 2021. I can't use the phone about that period because SIM card was didn't delivered. And then my bill cycle is from January 8th to February 7th. The partial charge is from December 31st to January 7th when I didn't use it. I don't understand why I have to pay for a period when I can't use the plan because didn't  delivered SIM card. This is how Koodo take money, now I know.

Hello there! We understand how you might feel and we have managed to remove the partial charges. The new balance should be already visible on koodo.com/self-serve.  Your feedback has been sent to our support team as well.