Koodo Community

Community

Solved

VoLTE & Wifi Calling.

Userlevel 3
Going down through the posts of other users, I have noticed a September 18th date for the launch of VoLTE, but no mention of Wifi Calling. Can anyone on here confirm this?

351 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Tim,

The only answer I could find is this one : https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/telus-launched-wifi-calling-this-week-when-koodo
Userlevel 2

I have VoLTE on my online account and VoWIFI access. Not sure how works. Sorry for screenshot using my son's phone as I forgot mine.
Userlevel 2
I know how it works. I mean I'm not sure how it will work with koodo.
Hi Brent, where are you located? I'm in the GTA and this add-on is not visible. Has anyone else heard the September 18 launch date? Where?
Userlevel 2
HI Sebastien, I live in Burlington, Ontario.
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Voice & Data is VoLTE
Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling is obvious
If Koodo is blocking those options with their Carrier software on iPhone, it doesn't matter what add-ons you have.
Correct, but seeing the add-on on some of our plans seems to indicate that something is coming.
Userlevel 4
VoLTE services are currently available in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario (excluding Ottawa, Kingston, North Bay, Sudbury, Sault Ste Marie, and Thunder Bay). Stay tuned, we will be adding more locations in the future

Currently VoLTE is available on the following devices;
  • Samsung Galaxy S6
  • Samsung Galaxy S7
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
  • Alcatel GoFlip
  • LG G4
  • LG G5
  • LG G6
  • LG X Power
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
This is copied from Telus support web page. It is here already and It is up to Koodo to allow using it. 
Userlevel 2
I got excited when I saw the Carrier Update with 28.4...went to check the LTE options on my 6S Plus and nothing. September 18th seems to be this date thrown around, perhaps launched with the next gen iPhone?
Userlevel 4
cw604 wrote:

I got excited when I saw the Carrier Update with 28.4...went to check the LTE options on my 6S Pl...

@cw604
You got excited and some users got excited when briefly it appeared on their Android Phones but it is not on Koodo yet and no one knows when it will be. The truth is that so many users don't know about VoLte and even if those that know, would leave for competitors like Fido or Virgin the percentage is so low that Koodo can still relax and very slowly implement it whenever they wish or want.

Power is always in numbers.
Userlevel 3
cw604 wrote:

I got excited when I saw the Carrier Update with 28.4...went to check the LTE options on my 6S Pl...

I hope this all comes sooner then later, lots of people have been waiting a long time...
Userlevel 4
cw604 wrote:

@Donato Visions Rinaldi
Correct me if I am wrong here but personally I think the opposite is true. Actually not enough people have been waiting because they don't know its benefits and how it works.

If they knew there will be more posts like that. And power is in numbers.
cw604 wrote:

I hope VoLTE is enabled very soon for Koodo customers.
My phone switches from LTE to UMTS for calls and then it may take a while to go back to LTE.
Userlevel 3
cw604 wrote:

So much for September 18th lol
Looks like my account had those things for a while. Gone now. Hopefully coming soon!

Userlevel 4
@whitworthsa

It looks like you are on iPhone. What IPhone you are using? iPhone 5s, for example is not on Telus list of compatible phones. Galaxy starts from S6. Looks like a lot of phones will be excluded.
Jan Hope wrote:

@whitworthsa

It looks like you are on iPhone. What IPhone you are using? iPhone 5s, for e...

iPhone 7 wife has LG G5 So hopefully we'll be set when it arrives. I'm moving to a house with no cell service but fibre internet at the end of October. Would be very nice not to have to pay for a home phone. We use our mobiles for everything!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since this topic has bubbled back up, I wanted to acknowledge that both VoLTE & WiFi calling are in the process of being tested for implementation, by Koodo. Unfortunately - and don't shoot the messenger now - I don't have much more to share at this time re: timing/availability. As soon as we're able to share more, we will.
Userlevel 6
Ranjan wrote:

Since this topic has bubbled back up, I wanted to acknowledge that both VoLTE & WiFi calling ...

Thanks for the update! Is it being worked on for Android AND iPhone, or just iPhone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Since this topic has bubbled back up, I wanted to acknowledge that both VoLTE & WiFi calling ...

I'm told the long-term vision is to have them available for both, Cory. Whether launch will happen for both at the same time, or if it'll be staggered - I have no idea at this time. 
Userlevel 3
Ranjan wrote:

well better late then never, Thanks@koodo for some info...
Userlevel 4
Ranjan wrote:

Hope sooner than later sure could use the wifi calling thanks for the update and hope you can update us again when you get more information
Ranjan wrote:

Blam blam! Take that messenger! Seriously though, please hurry!
Userlevel 3
Ranjan wrote:

Ranjan, any updates to when VoLTE & Wifi Calling becomes available. Telus needs to support VoLTE in Canada for the Apple Watch Series 3 to work am I right?
Ranjan wrote:

TELUS already has VoLTE.