Koodo Community

US Roaming packages not working

• 5 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I bought US Roaming data boosters on my self serve account, and now that I have crossed the border I have no service whatsoever.

I am on the $15/mth base plan on koodo prepaid self serve. I am using a OnePlus One. I purchased a 1000 US Roaming Text Booster, a 50 MB US Roaming Data booster, and a 250 US Roaming Talk Booster.

5 replies

Badge +4
Have you tried restarting your phone? In network settings make sure network selection is set to automatic and not manual.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your phone ever set to just Koodo's towers. Depending on your phone you'll want to go somewhere along the lines of the following to allow your phone to access other towers. Also try a simple restart on your phone if you haven't done so already.
iPhone: Settings, Carrier, Automatic
Android: Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Network Operators, Select Automatically.
Thanks Allan, that fixed it. Took a while to search for the networks, I just had to be patient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Allan, that fixed it. Took a while to search for the networks, I just had to be patient.

It tends to do that with most phones. Glad its up and working, have a good trip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In order to use data in the US you will also need to make sure that "use data while roaming" is enabled in the phone's settings. It's turned off by default on most phones.