Koodo Community

upgrade with different TAB

• 29 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I am attempting to upgrade my phone but it is only giving me the option to choose Medium Tab and may want to choose Large Tab instead… However it won’t allow me to do it online. I don’t want to have to pay to call in to have this done…. there are no stores open near me and making the purchase online saves me money.  Is there a way to do this that I just don’t see?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To take a tab large you also need to switch to a tab large compatible plan. I’m guessing that you don’t currently have a tab large plan and that’s what is keeping you from switching. Do you have a good grandfathered plan?

no - not a grandfathered plan but the plan options also are the same… i pay 55/month for my plan and you can get large tab phone starting at 45/month

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My guess is that the system still segregates the two tab plan types despite them currently being identical. I’d just swap plans despite being identical. I can ask to confirm but you may as well try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

no - not a grandfathered plan but the plan options also are the same… i pay 55/month for my plan and you can get large tab phone starting at 45/month

Which phone did you pick? some phone are currently only available on Tab medium (and not Large or extra Large).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so that shouldn't be an issue. If it's not as Dinh said then it could be having a lower credit score. Please let us know. Are there no phones with tab large options either you can do?