Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Updating/changing the e-mail address displayed on my prepaid account profile.

I want to change the e-mail address associated with my profile for my prepaid account. How do I do this? I can change the username, but this does not update the e-mail for my profile.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Changing your email will change your login. You cannot change this on self serve. You will have to call into Koodo to make this change
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Changing your email will change your login. You cannot change this on self serve. You will have...

Actually... it's slightly more complicated than that 🙂 I suggested this a while back: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/please_allow_us_to_change_our_email_address_on_prepaid When I was informed the idea was implemented, I brought up this question and nobody answered: "I just checked, is there a reason why login name (= email address) and email address (= email address) are separate? Also I don't think I can change the wrong email address yet, though my login email address was changed months ago... " (yes I just quoted myself here...) So yes Patrick has a point and I do think it's a bug still 🙂
Dennis wrote:

Changing your email will change your login. You cannot change this on self serve. You will have...

I can't think of a website/forum that [b]doesn't let users update the e-mail associated with their profile. Think about it: you have to [b]call the webmaster????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Lots of websites are that way, just think of Fring which is a VERY popular service. Still, I'm sure Koodo is grateful you mentioned this bug - though I must say getting angry about it is not going to help except get you in a bad mood 😃
Dennis wrote:

Lots? I'm not familiar with Fring, but how about: every web banking site, Rogers, eBay, Amazon, Google, T-Mobile, Paypal... The ability to change the e-mail on your profile is about as basic as it gets.
It does seem pretty stupid that you get stuck looking at an old email address every time you sign in. My service provider email changed three times since I signed up on Koodoo prepaid. Do I have to call them or send them an email?