Koodo Community
Question

Unable to reactivate my suspended phone

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

My phone was stolen while I was on holiday. Now that I am home I am trying to set up my phone # with a new sim card. When I attempt to add a new sim card, I am prompted to reactivate my phone.

When I try to reactivate my phone the only option to choose is “I found my phone”. There is not an option to choose “I have a new SIM card” as the instructions suggest in https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone.

I have tried selecting, “I found my phone” as this is the only option to choose and get the message, “ Heads up! - Please reset your phone once you've reactivated it. It may take up to 15 minutes to restore your services.”  

Unfortunately, I can not do this because my phone was stolen and I have not really “found my phone”

The earliest time available to book a call back call from a live Koodo agent about the issue is not until tomorrow evening. I feel the long wait time for customer service is terrible. I had to wait 2 days to speak with an agent to black list my stolen phone, now another day to reactivate my service. : (

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to switch your SIM card in selfserve? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

If that doesn't work (they send the text to the old sim), you could try to contact Koodo by Facebook or Twitter messaging. Links are at the bottom of the forum page.

Thanks for your reply Dinh.

I have tried to switch my SIM card in selfserve but I get a message saying, “Oops! It looks like this phone is suspended. In order to perform a SIM change, please reactivate your phone by clicking continue.”

I have a call back time booked for tomorrow to speak with customer service so I will patiently wait until then.

Userlevel 1

same thing just happened to my sons phone.  goto Telus website and start a chat ( live agents )  tell them what you are trying to do. I did this and a telus agent called me and put me through directly to a koodo agent who helped out.  Koodo callback is a terrible service.