Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to Port number

• 15 June 2021
  • 8 replies

I've had the same number for 32 years.  From 1991 to 2011 as my landline with Telus , then from 2011 to 2017 with Koodo, then 2017 until now with Bell/Virgin mobile. I tried recently to move back to Koodo. I can not port this number back to Koodo. I get  " this number is illegible for porting". Reading the CRTC rules on Porting Numbers,  suggests this is wrong.  I spent considerable time with Koodo Chat and was told the same thing. I need help as to how I can overcome this road block. 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 15 June 2021, 20:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried getting in touch with the porting department at Koodoalready?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've had the same number for 32 years.  From 1991 to 2011 as my landline with Telus , then from 2011 to 2017 with Koodo, then 2017 until now with Bell/Virgin mobile. I tried recently to move back to Koodo. I can not port this number back to Koodo. I get  " this number is illegible for porting". Reading the CRTC rules on Porting Numbers,  suggests this is wrong.  I spent considerable time with Koodo Chat and was told the same thing. I need help as to how I can overcome this road block. 

If you are still having issues, contact the Koodo porting team by scheduling a callback on Koodo Assist. https://koo.do/Chat

I did call koodo port. The answer they gave was in small community exchanges like mine, any cell mobile company has to set up a routing number,  so when someone calls my ported number, it goes thru this routing number to complete the call. Koodo had setup this routing number and in 2017 when I left them for Bell they canceled it. They won't set it up again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did call koodo port. The answer they gave was in small community exchanges like mine, any cell mobile company has to set up a routing number,  so when someone calls my ported number, it goes thru this routing number to complete the call. Koodo had setup this routing number and in 2017 when I left them for Bell they canceled it. They won't set it up again. 

So based on this, it sounds like Koodo is effectively telling you that your number is not portable to them. Which corresponds to the message you received, and koodo chat.

So at this point your options are to choose a new number or cancel your line

cancel the number and new number not a option.  632 contacts in my contacts and people like Dr's, dentist, hospital,  all kinds of people who buy Produce from me will think I died. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then unfortunately koodo does not sound like the right fit for you. It's too bad but there is nothing that can be done 

koodo does have plans way better that the provider I use and they will not match koodo.  Don't have to as I've been a captive 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe there is a 3rd provider that you can try