Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to Link Accounts

• 20 October 2020
  • 11 replies

I am unable to link my spouse’s account to mine. When either of us try, we receive the error:

Service not available

experiencing technical difficulties.

Try again

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 20 October 2020, 23:33

Linking account is that you can just check and manage 2 accounts.  If you want to do that for your wife's account, then you can just ask her email address and password to do that. Linking will make it easier to use one email address and password.

I assume you both have your own account ( means you both receive bill of your own.  What Nim is suggesting is to combine 2 accounts into 1. Then you will receive 1 bill for both.  An account owner can manage for both lines.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you each have a Prepaid account or a Postpaid account.

Prepaid accounts cannot accommodate more than 1 line.

We’re both postpaid. My monthly bills are for the last 30 days. We both ported over from Telus with our own phones and numbers.

Userlevel 7
  1. You can have multiple lines (multiple numbers) under one account . If you want to merge 2 accounts into one, you need to complete an ownership transfer. The cost is $10. The other person will lose the account ownership. You could setup that person as the new account admin later.
  2. $10 for 1 transfer.

Thanks for your replies; however I’m still unclear why Self Serve says this about linking accounts:

If you need access to two or more accounts, linking them will save you time.

After linking accounts, you can use the same username/email and password combination to access information for all your accounts in one place.

But you’re saying that it’s an entirely different process called ownership transfer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Linking account is that you can just check and manage 2 accounts.  If you want to do that for your wife's account, then you can just ask her email address and password to do that. Linking will make it easier to use one email address and password.

I assume you both have your own account ( means you both receive bill of your own.  What Nim is suggesting is to combine 2 accounts into 1. Then you will receive 1 bill for both.  An account owner can manage for both lines.

Userlevel 7

The current status is that each of you is the owner (admin) of his/her account.

The transfer of ownership allows to transfer one (let’s say your account) account to  another account (your wife’s). You will ‘loose’ ownership of your original account while your wife has ownership of both. Your wife could set you up as the new account admin later.

Ok, I get that I could just use her login (and she could use mine) but figured linking accounts would simplify things because, as Mayumi mentioned, we’d only need our own email address and password to access both accounts. I’m not looking to merge our bills into one.

The question remains why can’t I link our accounts? We both signed up separately to get a promo plan, but I could not sign her up for the same promo plan under my account so she had to make her own account; could that promo plan be preventing us from linking accounts? It was the $50/month BYOD with 9GB.

Userlevel 7

I will let @Mayumi take over as she has more experience with the fine details and admin constraints.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, I get that I could just use her login (and she could use mine) but figured linking accounts would simplify things because, as Mayumi mentioned, we’d only need our own email address and password to access both accounts. I’m not looking to merge our bills into one.

The question remains why can’t I link our accounts? We both signed up separately to get a promo plan, but I could not sign her up for the same promo plan under my account so she had to make her own account; could that promo plan be preventing us from linking accounts? It was the $50/month BYOD with 9GB.

I would say it’s more likely system error.  Promo plan doesn’t prevent to access this function.  Can you try to clear browsing history and try again?  If it still not linking account, then you need to contact them 

Ok, I will try that and see if it works; otherwise I shall contact Koodo. Thank you @nim4165 and @Mayumi for your help.

Take care.

I called Koodo and was told the reason I cannot link accounts yet (the rep also tried to do the same on their end) is that our accounts were too new; basically we have to wait until our accounts are at least 90 days old before we can link them using Self Serve.

Hopefully this helps anyone with the same issue.