Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable to give my child a view-only option of the plan via selfserve.

Userlevel 1
I want to give access to my daughter to self service but only for view mode, with no change privilege. I created another account on selfserve for her and linked it as Manager. When I joined Koodo I was told there was a "Child" option. I cannot find it. Can anybody help?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here's how to do it

Userlevel 6
[quote=Robert]Here's how to do it https://
Userlevel 6
@Anibal The best solution is to have her use the koodo app on her phone. She can view her usage etc. but cannot change plan as they don't have that functionality yet.
Userlevel 1
@Chris, in order for her to login to the koodo app she needs a username/password. Would I have to key in my account credentials then? This is definitely not what the agent told me at the booth when I signed up for Koodo.
Userlevel 6
Anibal Jodorcovsky wrote:

@Chris, in order for her to login to the koodo app she needs a username/password. Would I ...

Yes, you would have to do that. What did they tell you at the store? And more importantly what is your concern? Your daughter changing plans? Just tell her if she goes over her limit or changes anything you will suspend your phone. That worked for us 100% of the time and the kids learn to manage things on their own.
Userlevel 1
Anibal Jodorcovsky wrote:

@Chris, in order for her to login to the koodo app she needs a username/password. Would I ...

@Chris, I was told that there was a role for children that would have only view-only privileges. I'm not too concerned about my daughter doing a change on purpose, but by mistake. I just took a look at the app on the phone and it's quite easy to change the plans and start paying $30 more for some add-on we don't need. So, I want to limit what she can do (either intentionally or unintentionally). I guess I'll go back to the store and talk to Blake (who told me this functionality existed).