Koodo Community

Unable to change my phone number even after waiting more than 14 days

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, I signed up as a secondary user under my wife’s Koodo account on May 26. The phone number that I was assigned isn’t one that I want to keep and would like to use the Self-Serve on Koodo to select a different number.

When I try I get the message telling me that I must wait 14 days in order to do so. I have now waited 16 days and it is still giving me the same warning. I feel there may be something wrong with my account as even checking the Transaction History of my account, it shows I have  a rate plan change as of June 11, 2021 even though I did not make a plan change. When I checked yesterday it said the range plan change was done June 10 so it seems that this “rate plan change” just keeps moving up a day with time and I suspect is the reason that is keeping me within the 14 day window.

Please help so that I may login and use the Self-Serve to select a new number for myself.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, I signed up as a secondary user under my wife’s Koodo account on May 26. The phone number that I was assigned isn’t one that I want to keep and would like to use the Self-Serve on Koodo to select a different number.

When I try I get the message telling me that I must wait 14 days in order to do so. I have now waited 16 days and it is still giving me the same warning. I feel there may be something wrong with my account as even checking the Transaction History of my account, it shows I have  a rate plan change as of June 11, 2021 even though I did not make a plan change. When I checked yesterday it said the range plan change was done June 10 so it seems that this “rate plan change” just keeps moving up a day with time and I suspect is the reason that is keeping me within the 14 day window.

Please help so that I may login and use the Self-Serve to select a new number for myself.

Unfortunately, the Koodo reps cannot help you change your number unless you are moving to another province and need a new area code. For more information, you can visit this link here to change your number on the Self-Serve portal. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-phone-number

That said, I have flagged a rep for you to see if they can deal with the technical issues on your Self-Serve account.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @Mark Lai! We’ve replied to your DM on Twitter, so let’s continue the conversation there. :)

Thanks @MilkyWay for flagging the issue!