Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unable to add "five essentials"

I'm unable to add five essentials to my plan, using self serve. I get the following message when i attempt to do it:

"Sorry, your current rate plan doesn't allow you to change features online. Pleasecontact us for help."

Any ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just checked my account.
And if I tried to add 5 essentials on the line under the new tab system, I got a same message as you.
If I did it on the line  under the old tab system, I could go to the page that I can add some add-ons.
But 5 essentials is not available...

I guess you have to call in and they might be able to add it for you.

What plan do you have?
This add on was offered $10/mo if I remember correctly.  So, you might want to upgrade your plan with $10/mo extra to get more minutes?  Or you have a great promo plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The "sorry" message you get says it all... probably your current plan has been discontinued for a long time. You can call and see if you can stilll get the 5 essentials, but I haven't seen it offered on the site in ages.

At least the call and plan change should be free.

You could consider Mayumi's suggestion of adding unlimited calling or incoming minutes. In another forum, Sophie suggested perhaps consolidating family members' accounts under one bill. Calls between phones on the same account are free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, we no longer sell Five Essentials as an add-on. Existing customers can keep it and make changes but you can buy it anymore. It was one of the least purchased features, understandable given the rise of nationwide plans with lots of minutes.

The error message should reference it's not available, so that's a glitch. We'll look into it.
Bernard wrote:

Folks, we no longer sell Five Essentials as an add-on. Existing customers can keep it and make ch...

Bernard, I also have Five Essentials but I see no where on the koodomobile.com page where I can change a number.  One of my Five has recently moved and I need to put the new  number in.  Where is the place to manage that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Folks, we no longer sell Five Essentials as an add-on. Existing customers can keep it and make ch...

Did you try though Koodo App?
Bernard wrote:

Where do you go to change the five essentials?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Do ou already have the five essentials? 
If so, log into self serve app and check your plan and add-ons  > then manage your add-ons.
Bernard wrote:

Yes I do have it and I did what you said and there is NOT any option to manage it.  I called Koodo and had to wait for 38 minutes till I got through and then it took him 20 minutes and had to speak to his supervisor to tell me that if you want to change your five essentials you have to call in every time and go through the tech telling you that they are going to charge you $10.00 and then you have to prove to them that they have to do it.  What a joke!'

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

5 essentials is no longer available. If people had this before they discontinue( it' happened more than few years ago), then you can keep it until you remove it.

Thank you let us know that you have to call in to change it through tech support.
I though you can see it and change through online IF you have it.

It means, they CAN"T charge you for this change since you can't do it through online. I'll ask them remove the charge if it was actually on your bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Judy you are right that indeed sounds like a "joke" of an experience. 😞 To try to put a little context around this here is what happened. With unlimited voice plan s becoming as popular as they are today we have been left with only a handful of customers still using Five Essentials. That is why we shut it down and it is no longer available. Which also meant managing changes can only be don with the assistance of a rep. Of course at no extra cost.

When I look at you plan I see that you have an older plan for $37 a month plus $10 for Five Essentials. A total of $47 a month. You rarely ever use any data. Did you think about switching to our $40 unlimited minutes plan? Save $7 a month? On the few occasion that you did use data it was only about 40mb. This plan has a pay per use data of $5 per 100mb. So, even if you did use the little data you need  your total charge would still be $2 less a month. Just an idea to consider. 

Bernard wrote:

whenever i click on the five essentials tab in my self serve, it takes me to the add-ons page to manage add ons which would make sense if I had clicked on the add-ons tab but I did not.  How can I actually change my five essentials?  Obviously the link for the tab isn't working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

You have to contact koodo to change the numbers for five essentials, as the add on has been discontinued. Contacting them via facebook would likely be the most efficient method.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

I don't see Five Essentials on your account Elliot. The service has been discontinued and we no longer offer it. The handful of customers that still have it, we can help change numbers for. Best to contact us on Facebook via a private message.