Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Turn off Data Block

Data Block is currently enabled on my phone. How do I turn it off so I can see pictures sent to me via text?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If data block is set on the network then you have to go to log into self serve. Then go to your add ons and remove it.
Thanks. It doesn't appear to be listed as an add/on. I have contacted Koodo directly since I've wasted too much time on this already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jason mouland wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't appear to be listed as an add/on. I have contacted Koodo directly since I'v...

That means data might be turned off on your phone. Did you try going to your settings to turn on your data?
jason mouland wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't appear to be listed as an add/on. I have contacted Koodo directly since I'v...

Yeah. Mobile data is on and I'm currently connected to wireless anyway. So I think the issue is that it's an add-on on the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jason mouland wrote:

When you turn off wifi are you able to use your data for web browsing?
jason mouland wrote:

The sales gal where we bought our phone and Koodo plans told us Koodo has to turn data block off. We upgraded to a data plan 2 months ago, and couldn't figure out why it would not come in. What a hassle.
Userlevel 6
jason mouland wrote:

Hey Jonathan, You can remove data block through Koodo Self-Serve, other than calling in. Some customers feel safer if their network turn off their data for them than through settings, since if a phone is reset or got an update, data may turn back on. Data Block will give peace of mind knowing that data will never be turned on unless the add on is removed. This is particularly requested by customers who want their kids not to have access to data out of wifi. Koodo has actually gone above and let their customers have data block with picture messaging add on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jason mouland wrote:

You should have asked the community.  We would have been able to help you figure out why your data wasnt working