Koodo Community
Solved

trying to get phone on tab basic and keep plan

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Trying to get a “new” refurbished iPhone on line.   I have a $40 plan with 11gig.   Phones show tab basic is available for plans above $30.  When I try to check out it says my plan is not eligible and prompts me to select another plan.  

icon

Best answer by DavidFlatman 30 July 2021, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll need to contact a Rep to manually put your plan back. If it's an entirely ineligible plan to change back, they will let you know, and you'll have to decide if it's worth it to give up the plan for something in market. I assume that you have a data add-on?

You'll need to contact a Rep to manually put your plan back. If it's an entirely ineligible plan to change back, they will let you know, and you'll have to decide if it's worth it to give up the plan for something in market. I assume that you have a data add-on?

Yes. 6 gig plan with a 5gig add on.       It would not be worth it to lose the plan.  Would just buy phone elsewhere, or change carriers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. 6 gig plan with a 5gig add on.       It would not be worth it to lose the plan.  Would just buy phone elsewhere, or change carriers. 

I have heard of the 8GB migration plan not being eligible for an upgrade on Tab Basic. However, as I understand, this does not include the 6GB plan.

I would suggest you to contact a Koodo rep to see if you are indeed not able for an upgrade. Either schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

If they confirm that you are not allowed to upgrade, you may choose to purchase your phone outright on Amazon, eBay, or a third-party retailer.

I have heard of the 8GB migration plan not being eligible for an upgrade on Tab Basic. However, as I understand, this does not include the 6GB plan.

I would suggest you to contact a Koodo rep to see if you are indeed not able for an upgrade. Either schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

If they confirm that you are not allowed to upgrade, you may choose to purchase your phone outright on Amazon, eBay, or a third-party retailer.

Thanks. Will try to contact.  Hate playing the cell phone games. 

Apparently they’ve decided my plan is “expired”

so, no phone for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have an awesome grandfathered plan and you can't keep it with a tab, you can always buy the iPhone outright, even from Apple direct. That way you have the phone AND the plan.

I'm sure you were aware of that but just wanted to mention it in case you weren't 😊